So, within the last few days, my phone has started to not turn the screen on when I am on a call and move it away from myself specifically to get the screen to turn on. I do this so I can turn on the speaker phone or hang up the call.

I can do nothing with my phone until the call has ended. Not even pushing the power button and holding it down.

This morning I left a voice mail for someone with a huge long silence at the end waiting for their machine to hang up on me. Thankfully I didn't start muttering about how my phone wouldn't work. As soon as the other caller hangs up then my screen pops back on.

Any ideas?
    09-05-2012 09:30 AM
    This is going to seem like a very obvious answer but make sure that an aftermarket accessory or case isn't covering up the proximity sensor. If it is free from obstruction I would have the sensor checked at a Sprint retail location.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    09-05-2012 02:12 PM
    Oh my gosh, that was totally the problem! My ZAGG screen protector had started to peel off the top and I have just left it there while waiting for the replacement to come in the mail. Didn't even occur to me that it would cause that problem.

09-05-2012 02:41 PM
    This is happening to ym girls phone now but there is no case or screen protectors on the phone for it to cause it. Is there another fix/workaround?
    09-28-2012 03:22 PM