I'm new to this and I'm sure it's been discussed.

I did a Kies update to FH13 the other day and I'm not happy with the battery life like a lot of people. Other than that I'm okay.

Rather than live through it I was wondering what the advantages are to root the phone?

What do I gain and what do I lose?

Will the newer version help?

Thanks, Randy
    09-06-2012 02:07 PM
    I root to install AdFree, wifi tethering, and manage various apps and system settings.
    09-06-2012 03:41 PM
    By doing the kids update you will have problems until you factory reset the phone in your recovery.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    09-06-2012 04:09 PM
    In licked boot loaders custom roms font changes make your own themes feather for free remove bliat ware over clock under clock back up all your data changing the the whole damn thing its yours go nuts you bought it do what you wish

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    09-06-2012 04:31 PM
    Dis advanteges you loose warrenty possibly bricking the device
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    09-06-2012 04:32 PM
    Jumping in here. I'm considering taking the root plunge too. About the warranty issue: If I do root, should I just cancel my Sprint insurance, or does it still offer some protection? Thanks in advance.
    09-06-2012 06:56 PM
    Rooting actually does not void warranty. Its having a custom from that does. I have taken my stock rooted phone in for replacements before. Besides its really simple to flash back to stock unrooted if you really want to play it safe. Keep the insurance man

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    Thrasher likes this.
    09-06-2012 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD