Roaming on Verizon a No-Go on FH-13???

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble roaming on Verizon's network? I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums, so I apologize for the redundancy, but for the sake of clarity, is there something I can do to fix the situation? Ever since upgrading to ICS, I get a lot of roaming guard notifications (even though I have it set to not notify me), but it doesn't seem that the radio actually connects to Verizon's network. It says I'm roaming but I have no signal. I literally have no signal (Sprint or Verizon) in Los Angeles. I don't even turn the 4G on. Just set to 3G all day, but with no service. I'm unable to do any type of streaming radio because the signal cuts out every minute or so. Phone isn't really usable without WiFi. Radio is bunk.

I have placed several calls to Sprint (worst customer service experiences I have ever had) and they insist that I must go to a store (a special store no less that has a special "machine" that can test my radio but will take at least an hour to do so. I have to do this just so they can tell me my radio doesn't work well, something I already know.)

Is there a setting I am not understanding correctly? The phone is always telling me I have lost data coverage b/c I'm roaming. Isn't that the point of roaming? So I can use Verizon's coverage. Please help.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You have to select the option to ROAM. And the options should be sticked to roam if you didn't change them. Upgrade your PRL also.