I did a factory reset on my phone after doing what I thought was making sure all my photos from my camera and gallery were on my SD card. I took the SD card out to do the reset. Now, all of my contacts are still there, but my music and my photos are completely gone- other than the photos I downloaded from using the Internet on my phone. I can't find them when I use the SD card on the computer, nor when I use the USB cord. I've tried almost every tip on the internet that I can find, with no luck. I've even tried file restoring programs. I need the photo files back; I don't care about the music, that's already on my computer. There were quite a few special pictures in my camera that I hadn't had a chance to import onto my computer. I triple checked the file details, and they said it was in the SD card under DCIM.

HELP!!!

P.S. I do not want to root my phone.
    09-17-2012 01:50 AM
    Got to xdadevelopers.com and ask over there too somebody might help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    DroidMomma30913 likes this.
    09-17-2012 08:11 AM
    It sounds to me like you were confusing what is listed on the phone as "sd card" vs. "external_sd". It's very likely you were looking at the DCIM folder on your phone's internal storage, rather than your SD card. These phones mount available internal memory as "sd card".

However, unless you formatted internal storage, updating to ICS and performing a factory reset should not have erased the contents of your internal storage.

So with your SD card in your phone, plug it into your computer, and you should see two separate "drives". One is your internal storage and one is your external sd card. Check the DCIM folder in both places (assuming you also have the folder on your external sd card) and see if your photos are there.
    09-17-2012 11:32 AM
    It sounds to me like you were confusing what is listed on the phone as "sd card" vs. "external_sd". It's very likely you were looking at the DCIM folder on your phone's internal storage, rather than your SD card. These phones mount available internal memory as "sd card".

However, unless you formatted internal storage, updating to ICS and performing a factory reset should not have erased the contents of your internal storage.

So with your SD card in your phone, plug it into your computer, and you should see two separate "drives". One is your internal storage and one is your external sd card. Check the DCIM folder in both places (assuming you also have the folder on your external sd card) and see if your photos are there.
    This. He is spot on.
    09-17-2012 10:24 PM
    A Factory Reset shouldn't have reset the internal storage though. Strange, very much indeed.
    09-22-2012 05:35 PM