I usually do any post processing on a computer using Photoshop. Sometimes all I want is to crop an image And I figured the built in crop utility would be handy until I realized the cropped image it saves uses a very very aggresive amount jpeg compression. I am positive hat I am not just seeing artifacts based on cropping into a smaller region of a larg image (thus making more apparent compression artifacts that we already there.). I dug around a little and cold not find any setting to control his.. It kind of stinks because he compression is so much hat it really ruins an image that was otherwise very presentable. Any reccomendations?
    09-21-2012 11:59 AM
    Try Quickpic, which is a great free gallery App you can download from the Play Store that has basic photo editing functions like cropping. Maybe it'll work better for you.
    09-21-2012 12:56 PM
    You're not alone.

It definitely adds way too much compression.

I already own PicSay Pro and I do necessary cropping with it.
    09-21-2012 08:04 PM
    too much compression have been added to the image. have you searched other image cropping utility that may get good resolution and good image quality.
    many third-party software may work for you and free open source.
    check image cropper
    02-12-2014 01:47 AM
    I could only find one app that crops lossless and that's "Photo Crop" in Play Store.

It's a terrible interface (cosmetically) but it does the job. You get rotation and cropping of photos on the phone, if you try and open photos from cloud accounts it tends to crash.
    06-09-2014 04:26 AM