Samsung confirms GS2 gets Jellybean

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Alongside today's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for some Galaxy S3 models, the Korean manufacturer has confirmed that it'll also be updating some fifteen existing devices to the latest version of Google's OS. Though no timeframe for release is provided, owners of the devices below can rest assured that they'll eventually get Jelly Bean, even if the update takes a few months to arrive.

The devices so far confirmed by Samsung as "following soon" are --

GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 & 10.1, GALAXY Note 10.1, GALAXY SII, GALAXY Note, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, GALAXY S Advance, GALAXY SII LTE, GALAXY Music, GALAXY Chat, GALAXY Ace 2, GALAXY Beam, GALAXY Ace Plus, GALAXY mini II and GALAXY S DUOS.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why is y'all hatin and so sceptical we already have a couple good jb roms and a 100% working asop jb rom which im on this is good news

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

cb526

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Even if we don't get an official update, this is a good thing for us with E4GT, right?

I mean, it means that there will be something close to source available for this model and thus that we'll have even better ROMS available for rooted phones, no?

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried ICS but had terrible battery life, so I went back to Ginerbread.. no complaints, but it would be interesting to run JB though...

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:51 AM ----------

because it seems that Sprint is the last to step up to the plate and make these firmware versions available.... I would love to see JB come the the E4GT, but I'm not holding my breath for a stock release.

Yeah, I could install a custom ROM...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
NOPE LOL my GPS locks on almost instantly even in my house and my camcorder hasn't shut down yet (knocks on wood)

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone is clear this phone is called the Sprint Galaxy S2 now which means we are part of the rollout that Samsung is talking about. Samsung is now focusing on updates for all carriers around the same time, so there is no doubt in my mind Jelly Bean will be here and probably around the new year. I think with all of the ics leaks still coming out it is guaranteed this is where they are moving. There was another ics leak a few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Waiting along time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Waiting a long time is no big deal so as long as the update is good and doesn't have to be pulled. A leaked build for our phone is already released so we know its definitely coming...we'll just have to sit tight and be thankful that an official build is on the way...