not sending mms, sms system really laggy

ZenkiS14

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so i updated to 4.04, when i got my replacement phone, and now i cant send picturemail...says "sending" for 30+ mintutes now.

Also, everything is laggier, unlock takes a full second or more, text messaging program lags like crazy doing anything.

This is really frustrating, as my phone was lightening fast before, and now this new one with the new update sucks.

Any help for fixess? I smms like crazy for work, and really enjoyed my gingerbread equipped old gs2

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:13 PM ----------

It also seems to have connection issues to internet and Facebook, other frustrating crap. Even when i have good service.

Also, the new Swype keyboard sucks. I don't like the layout, any way to get the old one back?

I appreciate you guys help!

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here.
I feel your pain. ICS screwed up a lot of peoples phones.
I can regularly tap out a whole reply then sit for 10-15 seconds and watch the phone try to catch up with the letters I just typed. Then it will fail to send.
Luckily my MMS messages have no issues sending.

The Epic with ICS is by far the worst phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Op are you by chance on wifi when you are sending messages? I have had mine get caught up when either on wifi or the sprint airrave

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

ZenkiS14

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
No wifi for me. its never done stuff like this before, i wish i could just go back to the watt it was. :( i shouldn't need wifi to send pictures texts.

ZenkiS14

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is my sms so laggy and freeze up sometimes?

And why does my phone run at 500ish mb of ram, and it used to run at 350ish at most

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You could try a factory reset. If that doesn't help and you're at your wits end, check out the rollback thread linked in my signature below.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
No wifi messed mine up. You can go back. Look up the oneclick el29 by sfhub

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Great advice! You know your stuff patrao_n. Good gingerbread stuff.
JayWill72 has a revert back link also.

Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

ZenkiS14

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You could try a factory reset. If that doesn't help and you're at your wits end, check out the rollback thread linked in my signature below.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
What all would i lose if i did the factory reset? Would i have to reload all my old sms and contacts?

How do i do that?

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
What all would i lose if i did the factory reset? Would i have to reload all my old sms and contacts?

How do i do that?

You will lose all of your installed apps, any mms/sms, your contacts, and pretty much anything that isn't installed on an external SD card. However, your contacts should be backed up with your gmail, your mms/sms can be backed up with an app, and all of your apps are backed up on Google Play (except for their data, that is gone forever, unless you root and use Titanium backup).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance