I completely spaced out on the fact that this phone had its first birthday on Sunday. Yeah I'm a bad owner ... let's hope I don't do that with my kids.

So, with a year under our belts, how have people's experiences been? Any launch day owners like myself still around these forums? Feel free to share anything about your ups and downs with your phones.

For me personally, I've really enjoyed this phone, even with Sprint's deteriorating data service. Thankfully, I get really good voice and 3G data service in my most commonly traveled areas around San Diego, with the occasional dead zones here and there (like at my friend's house in Mira Mesa). Although we never got 4G here outside of a few tiny isolated spots (they threw up a few towers just to meet regulations). I've also flashed different things more times than I can count, experimenting with many of the GB ROMs (I ran Calkulin's and UnNamed most of the time), then ran and tested just about every ICS leaked build up until official release. I know many people have been frustrated with ICS, but I've enjoyed the update, especially with Cyanogenmod 9 being fully developed for our phone.

I'll probably be using this phone until the SGSIV is released, then I'll see where things are. If Sprint doesn't have LTE, or at least deployed Network Vision, in San Diego by then, I may just hold out until contract expiration and finally say goodbye to the Now Network. My patience has worn thin on not having 4G.

So anyhoo, that's enough about me ... how about you guys?
    09-25-2012 05:49 PM
    I've only owned for two months. Still, pretty happy with the phone. Hoping 4G comes to SD sometime soon but I'm not holding my breath.
    09-25-2012 06:37 PM
    For me it will be a year next month, Oct. And I can only say good things about it. Thru family and friends a was exposed to other Android smartphones and I have to say I picked a winner. I've been a sprint customer for 11+years and have no complaints about their service, living in NYC I get good reception and good 4g coverage so it kind of makes for a good phone experience. I have flashed countless roms, gb and ics, always came back to gb.

Wifey wants to upgrade to note2 as soon as sprint has it, I'm thinking SGS3 sometime in the future. For now I still have a current gingerbread device that works very well .

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.
    09-25-2012 08:50 PM
    I've only owned mine since the beginning of March, but I love it. It's been a good phone for me so far, and any problems I have run into have only been minor and easily solved. I'll be riding out my full contract with it, so I hope it stays that way for me. I also hope that it gets JB, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.
    09-25-2012 08:57 PM
    I loved mine, right up until about a month ago when I fell in a lake with it in my pocket. Never had any issues with it, one of the best phones I have ever owned. My wife really liked hers too, hers had an accident too and got replaced. Neither of us would have switched phones if ours hadn't had untimely deaths.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2012 09:12 PM
    Got mine on launch day too. Loved out until last week it fried and i had to get a replacement with the ics update, no bueno. Still like the phone, nothing else I'd rather have. Plan on keeping it until gs4 probably
    09-25-2012 10:27 PM
    I got this phone the day it came out and still love it. It's better than most phones out still and especially flashing new roms its like new. And we should see Jelly Bean by the end of the year. I'm not even very excited when a new phone is announced because this one is still so good. But I will be moving on with the next Nexus hopefully at the end of the year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-26-2012 02:12 AM
    I got mine on launch day also. I'm still enjoying it, especially with ICS (except for the high battery drain issues).
    09-28-2012 11:44 PM
    I bought this phone in February as a birthday present to myself for about $400.00 on eBay. I bought the original Epic 4G back on launch day, and I immediately fell in love with Android and Samsung Android Phones. This phone has never given me any major problems. The only problem I have with the device is that ICS was finally pushed to the device after JB was globally announced. I really did not have to suffer that much, since as soon as I got my device, I flashed to CM9, and I now upgraded to unofficial CM10. The 4G Wimax is nothing to brag about, but I live in a 4G area, and I usually get around 5mbps down and 1mbps up, and the 4G coverage is pretty good around the Philadelphia area. The camera on this phone is still very strong, and cell quality is very good.

I plan to upgrade to the Galaxy S3 one day, but no LTE in Philadelphia means no purchase for me. I dont want to go back to subpar 3G speeds if I dont have to. Once LTE is availble in Philadelphia, I am running to the sprint store to pick one up.
    09-28-2012 11:53 PM
    Another launch day owner here. I love my gs2 but my original one crapped out on me few weeks ago. (it would power cycle 20+ times a day and the battery wasn't the issue). My replacement phone works flawlessly. I do have an upgrade available, but I think I'm holding out for gs4 or newer nexus when bay area gets lte.
    09-29-2012 12:31 PM
    I got mine on launch day and have been loving it since. The only problems I have had with it were gps and some battery issues, but I have learned to live with the problems. I am going to keep it as long as I can.
    09-29-2012 08:50 PM
    I bought mine on launch day and love this phone. I'll keep it until I see something else out there that catches my eye like this phone did last year!
    09-29-2012 09:03 PM
    Got mine from the beginning also, just coincidence, timing-wise. Very happy with the phone, even though one crapped out a few months back (lost what little 4G service I was getting). Many calls/much time spent later, a replacement picked up the not-so-fast 4G signal and I was ok. (Was VERY close to going to Big Red at this time - so close I was in a Vz store with the part-time evening shift weekend assistant manager in training talking tiered plans and which one would suit my needs.) Rooted, a couple different ROMs, right now ICS. Not completely happy with any ROM at the moment, but that's me, not the GS2. It seems to be holding up pretty well against what is currently out there.

Will probably be with it/Sprint through next year. Nothing on the immediate horizon that makes me want to shell out the coin to upgrade. I'd like data speeds to meet expectations (my 4G is terribly spotty at best, and barely faster than 3g), or I will have to seriously consider Vz. Don't really want to lose the unlimited data (or pay the much higher rates at VZ - either way).

We'll see what a year brings though... Maybe the GS4 or the next Gen Nexus. Who know, maybe a Note 3?
    10-15-2012 03:09 PM