Completely disgusted

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
One moment Im browsing photos and uploading to facebook, I take my eyes off to look at my ps3 battlefield3 game and and now my sd card says damaged. 2000 songs and countless pictures...VANISHED. WHAT..THE... FUUUUCCCCKKKKK. Only option is to format??? Conveniently, I also just decided to pick up some space on my lappy toppy and deleted my back up files, GRAND:) No, but seriously any fix to this? I know its slim because of how little things like these work but is it possible my phone is ed just for my sake! lol

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
have you tried to put the sd card in the laptop? mine did this last week and the sd card vanished from the phone, laptop read it fine, i copied my files to the laptop formatted the card a few times, put the files back on and the phone read it again.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I can vouch for trying the sd card on your c omputer first. I have a 16GB card I thought was toast after trying to install an app. One bad file rendered my sd card damaged on my phone, but on the computer, I was able to remove the corrupt file and my card read fine afterwards. Good luck.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Try this ...

1) Put your SD Card into a SD Card reader and plug it into your PC.
2) Open a Command Prompt window and type in chkdsk driveletterassigned: /r

So far example, if my PC assigned drive letter E to the card, I would type "chkdsk e: /r" (without the quotations).

I got a corrupt sd card once while it was in my phone and this fixed it for me and recovered my files.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Try this ...

1) Put your SD Card into a SD Card reader and plug it into your PC.
2) Open a Command Prompt window and type in chkdsk driveletterassigned: /r

So far example, if my PC assigned drive letter E to the card, I would type "chkdsk e: /r" (without the quotations).

I got a corrupt sd card once while it was in my phone and this fixed it for me and recovered my files.

If you're on Windows 8, the chkdsk utility is defunct now. You can use fsutil repair query C: and replace C with whatever your drive is then do fsutil repair initiate C: 0x09 or whatever output it gives you.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Its there a common denominator as to why SD cards are crapping out all of a sudden?
11 plus months with same card on my Epic, constantly use it, 1000 + songs playing every day (when ever my car is running, my phone is playing music) never had any issues.
Maybe its the gb. ?

Pp.

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the replies I wasn't able to get to it just yet, I work swing shift and am currently on midnights :( I do have a card adapter thingy but i have to find it as my lady cleaned the man cave and decided to move a few things around. I will post results in about an hour or so, I definitely hope it works as I had a huge amount of video from family get togethers with family that are no longer around. Thanks everyone!

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
hummmmm...sad day in america....im out of luck...thanks for the responses guys! Guess i have to start my collection of memories over!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
hummmmm...sad day in america....im out of luck...thanks for the responses guys! Guess i have to start my collection of memories over!

Keep digging around. There are a bunch of media recovery utilities out there that may be able to at least be able to save your pictures and videos.

Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting "SD card damaged" on occasion for mine. I ignore them. I write it off as another ICS glitch.

Exactly ,the ICS glitch. If you value your external SD card and what you have on it, consider gingerbread. Its always good with SD cards, or you just back up your card every 6hrs or so, so you don't lose your stuff.
I guess that's your workaround.

Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze