Interesting problem

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Since yesterday my phone has been acting incredibly weird:

showing no signal when I have wifi even tho I'm close to the airport (apple)

Time on status bar wasn't moving
(Last night lockscreen said it was 10:14 and status bar said 9:45

Now when I just unplugged my charger my phone still thinks its charging and keeps popping up and saying "Charging paused, voltage to high" and when I take the battery out (trexcel battery on Amazon that I bought a while ago) and put it back in it shows the battery on the screen then resets and goes right back to it and the only way to get out of it is I have to put it back on the charger turn it on then unplug it

Need help please

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya OP.... We need a bit more info to help you. Right now all we know is that your phone is acting a little weird.

Like patrao asked... We need to know if your rooted and if you are rooted what rom, kernel or any mods have you flashed.

In your op you said the time on your lockscreen and notification bar were different... Are you using a 3rd party lockscreen app???

And on your issue with your phone thinking it's charging when it's not and so on... You could have a failing microUSB or it could be corroded. I've read plenty of threads here and on xda about both issues. I'm on my 2nd GS2 because of a broken microUSB port.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
The phone is completely stock (until Sunday)

I am not using any 3rd party status bars (all crash or don't like them)

I used the original battery all day and came back to the trexcel around 2am (eastern time) (started using original at 3pm)
And I haven't had any problems since then with any of the problems I wrote about

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Handogen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem for the past 24 hours. I also have the trexcell battery from amazon. However, I put the original battery back in and I still had the problem. I followed steps including wiping the cache. Still had the problem.

Then I started looking closer at the charging port and noticed some build up of lint/dust/gunk and started to clean it out (with phone off and battery removed). After cleaning and blowing it out I put everything back together, the issue appear to have been resolved (for now). Good luck with your phone. I hope the fix is as simple as mine was.

mfsanso

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I too had this problem. I cleared the pocket lint from the USB charging port and the issue went away. Carefully clear any debris with fine tipped tweezers and then swab the inside with a cotton tipped probe dipped in some isopropanol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781