Phone Starts Up, but keeps restarting

DubSanchez

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody.

My phone restarted itself today while texting.

It never rebooted back up again. It initiates through the logos up until the 4G background, and a blue light blinks and it restarts all over again.

The battery was fully charged. When I plug it in, it indicates it is charging so I dont know if its the battery. The battery seems normal, not warped.

I want to know what caused this, and if there is a solution to the problem.

Also, I want to know if there is a way to retrieve the stuff off my phone before I attempt a full recovery.

My phone is unrooted.

please help.

imaposer

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Mine started doing something similar last week. If I am using it, it works fine. If it is plugged in, it works normally. If it is just running on battery, as soon as the screen goes off, it does a reboot. If I catch it when it starts back up, I can go back to using it, but if not, it will just start up, screen goes off, reboots and repeats the cycle till it kills the battery in about ten minutes. I bought a new battery thinking it was the problem, and just put it in five minutes ago. It didn't fix it.

Running android version 2.3.6. el29. hardware version D710.10

I followed the instructions elsewhere on the forum to go back to gingerbread after trying ICS for a couple weeks and hating it. Left my phone rooted when I went back, had no problems for months till now.
Between this and the cracked screen, it is getting real close to time to pay the ETF, can this and get something else.

mcs

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This is also the problem I am having, as stated in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...216061-please-help-having-problems-phone.html

No responses or help as of yet (I am not the OP, and would have given it a more useful title!) The phone as of now is unusable if it is not plugged in, because when I try to use an app it resets and I can't do anything with it until it is plugged in again. I'm considering doing a factory reset, and researching how to back up everything first. If anyone has any better ideas it would be great, because obviously quite a few people are having this problem with the stock software.

Thedonkeyshow808

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. Is any one using multiple batteries?

Because i had the same problem after a factory reset.

And the problem seems to have stopped now that I'm sticking to one battery.

imaposer

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Nope, only one battery. When this started, I bought a replacement and put it in with no change. Still using it. My solution so far has been to keep it plugged in as much as possible and have the screen set to max time before shutting off.

zantia23

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I received the FI27 update almost 3 hrs ago. While I was installing the update, my phone screen started flashing and turned off. I rebooted it and by the time it got to the 4g screen it was beeping saying low battery then shut off again. It keeps rebooting and shutting off again. My battery was 58% when I downloaded the update. This is my 2nd replacement battery. The 1st one was bulging and causing my phone to overheat. I have to keep my phone plugged in to use it. I'm over this battery situation!

DubSanchez

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I ended up holding the Power button and the Volume down button to initiate that special menu that allows you to install/wipe/reformat your phone.

I wiped it clean, and my phone recovered perfectly.

Everything from music, and pictures were all still intact to my surprise. my apps and contacts were gone, but I had a backup of those on SD card.

Glad to have my phone running again. Hated using my old ass EVO.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I ended up holding the Power button and the Volume down button to initiate that special menu that allows you to install/wipe/reformat your phone.

I wiped it clean, and my phone recovered perfectly.

Everything from music, and pictures were all still intact to my surprise. my apps and contacts were gone, but I had a backup of those on SD card.

Glad to have my phone running again. Hated using my old ass EVO.
How do you back up to your SD card? I need to try this, might help my issues I'm having.

DubSanchez

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a backup copied to my SD card a few weeks back using MyBackup Pro.

It was really amazing that nothing much apps and contacts were erased.

Miracle.

I hope this can work for you.

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and I simply changed the theme and it cleared it.
Check for overheating as well
Hope this helps

What theme did you change and clear? I'm currently using Nova Launcher Pro.

This problem started for me right after the Jelly Bean update. I'd like to find a solution that doesn't involve wiping my phone.

Zack Ponce

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I have actually 3 battery's and does the same thing also. I love my phone to death but it says 4g and I can get on it for at least like 30 secs or so before it keeps resetting itself until the battery die's so the battery has nothing to do with it. Help ):

rbanister

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I have this HUAWEI MODEL Y301-A1 cell phone and have only had it since 02/6/15 and here it is 02/23/15, and this phone CONTINUOUSLY REBOOTS itself, in the middle of calls, when it is just sitting. Took it by the METROPCS Corporate Store in Mesquite, Texas, and all they told me was that they have to DUPLICATE THE ISSUE, but you know how that is. They never were able to duplicate the problem, so they did a HARD RESET, but here I am today, and on a call, it just did a REBOOT again. THIS PHONE SUCKS, and of course, METROPCS, I've been with them for 2.5 years, and still, I have insurance, but it will cost $50 on the DEDUCTABLE, to get the exact phone, or I have to buy another phone. I only purchased this as a telephone, did not care about having any type of fancy SMART PHONE, only need to have a phone for work. Then, if I want the 4G service, because the GPS does not work like it should on 3G, because the previous Android (that I happen to lose), worked great, but MTROPCS tells me that they are changing their networks, teaming up with another network of towers, and I said that "You mean that my old phone would not have worked like it previously did, because your changing your network Towers", and they said "YEP". MetroPCS used to be good, but, it is a business, and who cares about the customers, right?

moosavi

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I ve got a problem alike, my phone keeps rebooting and restarting itself, thus, screen never appears to take another action. wooopsss

Joel Villa1

May 19, 2016
Visit site
So I literally just had this problem with my Alcatel one touch fierce 2 after some water seeped into it. It would show the phone name and vibrate, then shut off and repeat. Anyways, so I left the battery and phone in rice. Did nothing. After that though, I put it in my freezer... Turns out it works now. Wtf why it worked, but it did. Lol. Hope this helps anyone else.

verdyn

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Damn, man. I know its a post from 2012, but you ******* saved my phone from being destroyed by my hands, because it went restart after restart after restart. And i found your comment, and it f.cking solved my problem. I was registering to this site only to give you your well earned credit. THANK YOU.

Deborah1995

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a ZTE Blade L2 phone.

Recently, the Browser kept crashing, even though I kept clearing the data cache, and selecting "Force Stop". I tried to shut down the phone yesterday and when I turned it back on, it had an "Encryption Unsuccessful" screen. Even though it gave me the option to Reset the Phone, when I pressed this, nothing happened. I then accessed the phone's recovery mode and did a factory reset twice as well as wiping out the data cache. I then selected "Reboot" System and all the phone has done is keep rebooting itself ad infinitum.

Any solutions?

Kambuni Vundi

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Am having a problem with my huawei.... It keeps on switching off and displaying a blue background. Initially it gave me a message "unfortunately the process com.adroid. phone has stopped" . I wiped cache partition and selected reboot and the message never appeared again but the device still cant complete booting instead it switches on and off continuously.
Please help me solve this