phone can't turn on after 4.0.4 update

webOSnewB

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

About 2 weeks ago i first started noticing some problems with the phone. WHen i would want to use my phone and touch the power button to get to the lock screen, the phone would get stuck at times and freeze at the lock screen. It would then say something like touchwiz has stopped working...

ANyway, that happened only about 3 times in 2 weeks. Today i got the 4.0.4 update and phone was fine for 2 hours. I then plugged it in to charge. When i came back 1 hr later, i could not turn my phone screen on. The phone is still unresponsive and the blue LED is always on. I don't want to do a hard reset and lose my stuff, but what are my other options and has anyone else had this issue??

From what i've read so far, it seems to be linked to this 4.0.4 update.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's not clear if you have already done this, but remove the battery and try and turn the device back on. If that doesn't work, remove the battery then hold volume down+power on...hopefully you can get into download mode.

If still no go then you have a brick as suggested by rraman. This will require you to take the device to a Sprint store for replacement...hopefully they'll do it without a hassle.