Would someone list the pros and cons of the Galaxy S II vs the Galaxy SIII?
    10-24-2012 01:25 PM
    GS2 WiMax GS3 LTE
    GS2 dual core 1.2 GS3 Dual core 1.5
    GS3 better battery size / life
    GS3 year newer so better overall technology.
    Im sure there are others. but those are the ones that come off the top of my head..
    10-24-2012 03:08 PM
    S3 is rumored to get Jelly Bean starting tomorrow (Oct 25).
    - Although never fast enough, Sammy is getting OS updates out. Also, having been released a year earlier, the S2 will likely stop getting OS updates before the S3.

LTE. WiMax is not expanding and will be phased out. So, if you don't have 4G on your S2, you never will. If you do have it where you live/work it will eventually go away.

DON'T do anything until after the Nexus announcement on Monday. Nexus devices are much more future proof and get OS updates 1st (CDMA Nexus' like Sprint and Verizon are slower in their updates.)

As for me, I'm looking at getting a GSM Nexus and putting it on Simple Mobile for $50/month. Fast Updates and the HSPA+ Data speeds are very fast. I'm getting excited to hear what Google has to offer on Monday.
    10-24-2012 03:29 PM
    The gs2 is getting jb too and its PLENTY of working jb roms out already and wimax isn't getting phased out till 2015 and even then clear might let it stay for the prepaid arms virgin boost

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-24-2012 03:34 PM
    The gs2 is getting jb too and its PLENTY of working jb roms out already and wimax isn't getting phased out till 2015 and even then clear might let it stay for the prepaid arms virgin boost
    You're right. I realize that we will be getting JB and that most of us likely won't own the S2 come 2015. However, when I do get WiMax the speeds they are 1.5-4 Mb down. Hardly 4G. I really don't think that Sprint/Clearwire will be working on improving it, as most/all of their efforts are on LTE and beefing up the CDMA and 3G towers and backhaul.

Because the price of the two phones is not too significant (only $50 more without contract or $200 with a new contract more for the S3). Personally, I would always buy the newest hardware. Better tech, and longer support.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-24-2012 03:52 PM
    That's true NOW but when sprint announced wimax 4mb was 4g. Now no but hspa+ isn't either but 4mb isn't bad really

10-24-2012 07:05 PM
    And they don't have to improve it they can leave it as it is for the prepaid carriers (those who can't chase the latest tech)

10-24-2012 07:07 PM
    id say the GS3 is a bare evolutionary upgrade from the GS2.
    10-24-2012 08:47 PM
    If you can afford the GS3 get it. If you are on a budget or don't care for the latest technology then get the GS2. At the end of the day it depends on what you want or need.
    10-25-2012 10:42 PM
    I'm aware of only two pros for the SII over the SIII. And this is from a happy and satisfied SII owner.

1. SII is less expensive.

2. Compared the SII Super Amoled Plus display, the SIII has a larger but technically inferior PenTile display.

The Problem With Pentile Displays, In An Image

LTE is not available in my area, and display quality is important to me, so I chose the SII over the SIII.
    10-25-2012 11:33 PM
    I have an s2 and had an s3. It honestly depends on 4g. S2 uses Wimax which is already available. S3 is lte which won't be available everywhere until 2014 when its time for your upgrade anyways. 3g on both ain't worth it

I kept my s2 because lte isn't coming to my town anytime soon
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Samsmalls likes this.
    10-25-2012 11:39 PM
    I'm aware of only two pros for the SII over the SIII. And this is from a happy and satisfied SII owner.

1. SII is less expensive.

2. Compared the SII Super Amoled Plus display, the SIII has a larger but technically inferior PenTile display.

The Problem With Pentile Displays, In An Image

LTE is not available in my area, and display quality is important to me, so I chose the SII over the SIII.
    Sorry I really disagree. I am happy with my SGS2 but seriously the S3 is in a different league.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 12:55 AM
    The right choice for one person is not necessarily the right choice for another person.

That said, I honestly don't understand what you're disagreeing about. I said the SII has only two advantages, lower cost and a display that is not PenTile. You don't seem to be disputing either of those, so what is the disagreement?
    10-26-2012 11:03 AM
    And plus the s3 is gonna be 50 bucks on bf to current and new sprint customers

10-26-2012 01:11 PM
    The right choice for one person is not necessarily the right choice for another person.

That said, I honestly don't understand what you're disagreeing about. I said the SII has only two advantages, lower cost and a display that is not PenTile. You don't seem to be disputing either of those, so what is the disagreement?
    Lol. Good point. I may have been drinking.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 11:48 PM
    There is really only one reason to keep the S2 over the S3, and that's the availability of Wimax and the unavailability of LTE on Sprint. Because the S3 will have to fall back on Sprint 3g for many months, and it is an abomination. That's why I never upgraded to the S3, which worked out for me because I ended up with the Note 2.
    JimSmith94 and Samsmalls like this.
    10-27-2012 10:21 AM
    I skipped on the GS3 bc I felt it was just a minor incremental update over the GS2 and I didn't feel wow'ed by it. Another important factor for me was the lack of LTE in my area. I'm currently enjoying fast WiMax and 3G is too slow. I'm waiting on the GS4.
    10-28-2012 02:10 AM
    I have an Epic 4g and an S3! The picture quality is just as good on the S3, the processor is faster, there are more customizable settings for the S3, the battery life is better for the s3, the S2 crashes a lot the S3 never does..
    03-06-2013 02:55 PM