Speed dial not working after ICS update

vickers500

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I just noticed today that my speed dial isn't working after the ICS update (in addition to a few other annoying things about the update, such as a large portion of my custom dictionary being wiped out).

I used to be able to just click on my dialer, click 2 and then click dial and it would start dialing. Now for some reason, instead of the phone dialing the number I set for it, it dials sprint customer care. It still brings up the number in the top, but I'd rather just click 2, then dial instead of clicking 2, click contact, dial.

Did they remove the speed dial feature or is it still there? I haven't fiddled with my phones settings in quite a long time, so I don't remember where the speed dial option used to be, but I can't find it now. How do I set a full phone number to just a single number on the dial screen?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
With the Dialer digit pad open, press the context menu button and choose "Speed dial setting". Tap the digit you want to set and select your contact.

ztopher

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. We have Moto Razr M's and they upgraded today to 4.1. Speed dials are GONE. No way to reset either. I try pushing on the number on dial pad; nothing.