My phone was FH13 stock rooted with agat recovery.

I got the notice for the update about an hour ago.

My phone has been doing nothing but showing me that stupid picture of lloyd with the white triangle enclosing an exclamation point since initiating the update.

Am I screwed?
    10-27-2012 08:20 AM
    If I am not mistaken, in order for the OTA to actually work you need to be stock bare-bone. First of all, the OTA installs via the stock recovery (at least from previous builds, I personally flashed FI27 weeks ago so I cant recall). So you phone is trying to install, but agat is getting in the way. The worst situation is that your phone is semi-bricked. Just go into download mode and odin FF13 stock and you should be good again. I am pretty sure your data/files is bye-bye at this point.
    PianosAreFun likes this.
    10-27-2012 08:30 AM
    Thanks, I was worried I hard bricked it.

I've got my data backed up elsewhere.
    10-27-2012 09:20 AM
    You should be able to just battery pull and put it back in and reboot. No harm no foul.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    10-27-2012 11:04 PM
    If I am not mistaken, in order for the OTA to actually work you need to be stock bare-bone. First of all, the OTA installs via the stock recovery (at least from previous builds, I personally flashed FI27 weeks ago so I cant recall). So you phone is trying to install, but agat is getting in the way. The worst situation is that your phone is semi-bricked. Just go into download mode and odin FF13 stock and you should be good again. I am pretty sure your data/files is bye-bye at this point.
    Did you notice any positive changes with this update? Will you be able to root again after you do it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 08:56 AM
    Yes you can root again. It's much easier to just use a oneclick though

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
    evofever likes this.
    10-31-2012 11:09 AM
    Yes you can root again. It's much easier to just use a oneclick though

Please don't get angry but can you send me a link on how to do and were to find one click

10-31-2012 11:45 AM
    Please don't get angry but can you send me a link on how to do and were to find one click

We don't get angry around here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=156311

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    10-31-2012 12:10 PM
    Ya sorry I didn't link ,I was only on break

10-31-2012 04:02 PM
    I want to thank you all. I somehow totally messed my phone up and its to long to explain right now, HOWEVER, i am grateful for such a good group of people willing to help other people.
    I'll report back once i get it fixed :o

11-01-2012 06:40 AM
    If you need help let us know. I am more than happy to help

11-01-2012 08:22 AM
    If you need help let us know. I am more than happy to help

I would love any help you can give me. Just feel like there is so much to explain that i would end up writting a novel here. Basically i tried to roll back to stock and then apply update... all i can tell you is that i have ended up on the new l27, superuser is i:banghead:nstalled but i am not rooted....
    I am however pretty proud of my ability to screw things up and right before i leave for a trip tomorrow....so crappy signal, no wireless hotspt tether and cant use my Titanium backup... I defy anyone to be as lame as me!!

11-01-2012 09:55 AM
    Use the one click here http://sxtp-forum.com/showthread.php...&p=491#post491

11-01-2012 11:03 AM
    You might be able to get away with the no data version which will preserve your user data. Or if you have already backed up with titanium backup go ahead and do the full restore. Ill also get you the link for agats latest kernel should you want cwm recovery

11-01-2012 11:04 AM
    Here is the custom built from source kernel. It is a safe kernel. Although some people not all have problems with low 4g speeds. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1767421 the repacked kernel by agat is not safe which is why I want link unless you want it to avoid confusion. You should grab the tar version and flash using regular pc odin. Open odin after you are in download mode, connected. You should see a number pop up in the box. The number doesn't matter as long as it's there. Push the pda button and direct it towards the kernel. Hit flash or start can't remember which one it is. And you are done. Do not disconnect your phone until it says passed and reboots your phone.

11-01-2012 11:09 AM
    Here is the custom built from source kernel. It is a safe kernel. Although some people not all have problems with low 4g speeds. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1767421 the repacked kernel by agat is not safe which is why I want link unless you want it to avoid confusion. You should grab the tar version and flash using regular pc odin. Open odin after you are in download mode, connected. You should see a number pop up in the box. The number doesn't matter as long as it's there. Push the pda button and direct it towards the kernel. Hit flash or start can't remember which one it is. And you are done. Do not disconnect your phone until it says passed and reboots your phone.

Okay so first of all you are AWESOME for giving me so much help i cant tell yoh.
    second. Im heading home rigjt niw during lunch to try this. Ill check back in!

patrao_n likes this.
    11-01-2012 12:01 PM

Okay. Here is were we are. I believe I am rooted again!!!

I just need clarity on the above. I downloaded the first tar. File on the linked page. I just don't know what Odin to open... when I open the one click I just downloaded there is no pda button...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    11-01-2012 12:56 PM
    Well you would need the actual odin not a one click. I will grab the link for mobile odin for you.

11-01-2012 01:06 PM
    Go to this page forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347899 and download the mobile odin lite version attached to the first post. Then scroll down until you see this flash kernel only download the d710 flash kernel others will miss up your phone. Open mobile odin. Select the tab called kernel. Find your agat kernel on your sd card. After that select flash at the bottom you do not need to push anything else. It may say check md5. If so click yes. If not no worries. When it reboots you should see agat in your about phone. Its done now. Your good to go. Just go into settings and update your profile and prl.

evofever likes this.
    11-01-2012 01:15 PM
    Go to this page forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347899 and download the mobile odin lite version attached to the first post. Then scroll down until you see this flash kernel http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/02/mu7esuse.jpg only download the d710 flash kernel others will miss up your phone. Open mobile odin. Select the tab called kernel. Find your agat kernel on your sd card. After that select flash at the bottom you do not need to push anything else. It may say check md5. If so click yes. If not no worries. When it reboots you should see agat in your about phone. Its done now. Your good to go. Just go into settings and update your profile and prl.

That did it!!!!!!
    You are so gracious!!! You saved my trip!
    The kernel on that page wont show up when i try it through mobile odin but that tar. Worked and im rooted ( Titanium didnt restore but my backup pro did) and hopefully will get better reception!
    Thank you thank you!

11-01-2012 05:58 PM
    Ya that kernel from the page was just to be used for flashing a full rom. I thought it needed it to flash kernels as well. Glad you are up and running now. Have a safe trip

11-01-2012 07:26 PM
    So last question. I bought Odin mobile pro. Does it work like cwm or do i need to find a way to install cwm and swap roms like when i had my htc evo?

11-01-2012 08:58 PM
    Mobile odin can only flash tar files. Agats kernel is considered safe to flash roms from and wipe from. Just dont flash jellybean roms with anything except an el26 cwm kernel. So if you get the el26cwm tar you can use mobile odin to flash that kernel anytime you want to have an absolutely safe kernel to flash from. Just so I cover all bases. The kernel for this phone has recovery baked in. So by flashing agats kernel you already have cwm. Push and hold volume up and power until you see the recovery menu pop up. Let go. Volume buttons are to scroll, power button to select.

evofever likes this.
    11-01-2012 09:20 PM