Hello everyone. As the title states, I'm just not feeling ICS. The initial FF18 gave me a sour taste from the get-go, so I rolled back to EL29. Tried FH17 for a week and just did the OTA FI27 this morning. Battery life is still horrid, RAM usage is still insanely high (even though I have very little on the phone and constantly kill Apps I'm not running), and random things just irritate me about it (the Task manager layout, the 1/2" gap at the bottom of Task manager, delay when going from vertical to horizontal view in Text Messages, Swype (liked the EL29 layout better) etc.). I've read that some of our phones play nice with ICS, and others don't. I've accepted the fact that mine doesn't, and I'm fine with that.

So, I'm left with two options: either roll back to EL29 and stay there, or try my hand at custom ROMs (which, admittedly, I know little about). I've been Rooted before and tried CWM (though I'm not exactly sure what it did), and in the end flashed back to an out-of-box-stock EL29 setup. Personally, I love the stability of GB on my phone, but also love some of the updated stuff I've seen out there (the cool bluish-themed dialer, for example). Can anyone recommend a good, stable ROM that works with my handset's hardware rather than against it, or point me towards some addons/upgrades that can be installed over EL29 to give it a fresher look?

Thanks so much!

10-28-2012 04:43 PM
    M'ics version 1.7a from xda. Its fi27 based. I don't have a single problem with it. You don't even need to tweak anytging

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    10-28-2012 06:41 PM
    It looks a little too edgy for me, but I'll give anything a try at least one. How do I go about installing that? Via the SD card?
    10-29-2012 07:09 AM
    Does anyone have the file found here: [ROM][Odexed Blue][Updated 5/14][EL29][Final Gingerbread] - xda-developers The OP removed the download link, but that theme looks perfect for me!
    10-29-2012 09:41 AM
    I will be honest. Up to FI27 all of the ICS leaks have been battery killers. I have recently replaces EL29 with FI27, and I could not be happier. Just to make sure that I would get the best experience. I backed up all of my documents and photos, and formatted both internal and SD card memories. I then did a mobile odin full install (erases data). Since that time my phone has lasted all day. Granted I do not get EL29 battery usage, but my phone still last all day. FI27 has rock solid GPS, and improved 3g and 4g speeds here in my area. I have not experienced any instability at all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    10-29-2012 06:46 PM
    Been running FI27 since Sunday morning and still have battery issues. Started with a full charge yesterday as of 1230ish, and by 11pm I had to charge it from a laptop. I'm just not feeling ICS and hope someone can point me towards Odexed Blue!
    10-30-2012 10:02 PM
    Dan's tersus satus rom on xda with the clean blue theme. It's fantastic and incredibly stable. I'm getting better battery life than the bread but then again my e4gt plays very nice with ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    10-30-2012 11:01 PM