Modem suggestion for Miami

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the Blu Kuban ICS ROM and it rules. I know that modem results are subjective, but I ask any Miami users what modem they are using and how it's working.
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
ok, ok. So noone from Miami, other than me, looks at this forum. No problem. Any suggestions for a modem, regardless of where you live?
I have the Blu Kuban ROM, and it has an installer app that lets you install modems very easily. Do I just go 1 by one, trying each out kind of thing?

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Im in central FL and I use EL29 in my area between Tampa and Orlando and I switch to FI27 when I am going to be in Tampa for the day. Pretty much it is a "try and see" process. Also, these forums are not as active a the xda develper's site. If you ask that question there, or search there, you will get a few recommendations same day. Good luck

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i cant post in the xda forum, but I posted in the Q&A forum. I thought here I would get a wider audience that isnt familiar with xda. I had EL29, and reception was ok, but I figured a different modem may work better. The challenge is to somehow differentiate between crappy service and lack of towers, and an underperforming modem. How do you tell? How can you tell?

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
How do you tell? How can you tell?

Unfortunately, you already know the answer and it is try them all until you find one you like. I either use the most current one out, or EL29. It seems for me EL29 did as well as all the ICS modems in my area. Good luck!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Give several Modems a try and see which one(s) work best for your area. You already know that each are dependent on a number of factors and not any one is a fit all solution; although many people claim el29 to be one of the best. If you don't have improved services after giving several a try it may just be a location/tower issue.