thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, it looks like I have me a paperweight here. :| I knew I shouldn't have used Heimdall, since I've never used it before, but I did. I'll try flashing CWM but I have my doubts... :( :( :(

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you boot into download mode? What were you trying to flash?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's stuck at data then yes, you probably do have a brick :( I've use Heimdall with no problems...it must have been something with this particular .Tar that Heimdall can't handle???

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If it's stuck at data then yes, you probably do have a brick :( I've use Heimdall with no problems...it must have been something with this particular .Tar that Heimdall can't handle???

Doubtful. Had you flashed anything recently using CWM prior to your trying to flash FK23 in Heimdall? I suspect your EMMC was already damaged prior to your trying the Heimdall flash. We saw this same thing earlier in the year, when Odin would get stuck at data.img, when people were trying to recover.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful. Had you flashed anything recently using CWM prior to your trying to flash FK23 in Heimdall? I suspect your EMMC was already damaged prior to your trying the Heimdall flash. We saw this same thing earlier in the year, when Odin would get stuck at data.img, when people were trying to recover.

Yeah, I flashed my AOSP build, but it didn't boot, just stuck at Samsung splash. I was using Stock EL26 if that helps..

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I flashed my AOSP build, but it didn't boot, just stuck at Samsung splash. I was using Stock EL26 if that helps..

Should have been fine from EL26. I would try again using the FK23 Odin one click. I thought you used a Windows machine. Why did you use Heimdall?

I guess there's a chance it was Heimdall but I still doubt that. It could have been something in the update binary of your ROM that didn't play nice with CWM, but I'm just throwing out guesses as I'm no developer.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Should have been fine from EL26. I would try again using the FK23 Odin one click. I thought you used a Windows machine. Why did you use Heimdall?

I guess there's a chance it was Heimdall but I still doubt that. It could have been something in the update binary of your ROM that didn't play nice with CWM, but I'm just throwing out guesses as I'm no developer.

Okay, the other phone wont charge anymore, so I'll just use the titanium version I bought not too long ago. I was trying to sell this since it didn't have nfc, but I need it now :thumbdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair