Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now Via Unofficial Means

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just used Odin to update using the leaked rom today... it's well... I never see any real world differences... but I have noticed that I cannot uninstall the factory sprint crap like sprint radio, the nascar crap... I hold the icon down in the apps screen, slide it to remove, but the uninstall option doesn't appear... and if I go into the settings and click the uninstall feature it only allows me to remove downloaded apps....

Can't report much on battery life, as my batter is already swollen and i haven't ventured to my store to see if they'll replace it... reception seems about normal.

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually just went to my local repair store and had them test my swollen battery, said it was fine.

I have also noticed that photos stored on the SD card are no longer in the gallery when I pull that up.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just used Odin to update using the leaked rom today... it's well... I never see any real world differences... but I have noticed that I cannot uninstall the factory sprint crap like sprint radio, the nascar crap... I hold the icon down in the apps screen, slide it to remove, but the uninstall option doesn't appear... and if I go into the settings and click the uninstall feature it only allows me to remove downloaded apps....

Can't report much on battery life, as my batter is already swollen and i haven't ventured to my store to see if they'll replace it... reception seems about normal.

As of this ROM version, those apps are System applications, thus cannot be unistalled via the Applications menu. Since you're rooted, you'd need to delete them manually with a root based file explorer or uninstall via Titanium Backup.

This is probably an oversight by Samsung. A chunk of those apps should have been user apps on the data partition.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually not really sure to be honest... just downloaded a file about 830mb and used Odin on my desktop to load it... first time trying any sort of flashing... I assumed it wasn't a rooting.

I did disabled the Nascar app and it no longer shows under the applications menu.

Now I'm charging to see if battery life is any different, although I do have a bulging battery that Sprint insists is still 100% good... If I'm messing around on facebook I lose battery very quickly, and have to use a charger multiple times a day...

Interesting update thus far though.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just installed jellybean today and it freakin rocks lol no seriously its awesome and easy to flash im already rooted as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Did u use the Odin download I did and it worked perfect for me jb rocks u guys once u get ur phone in download mode and plug usb I it does everything on its own after that I even used the version that roots upon install

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes there will be a JB update for this phone, and the ROM is excellent. I'm running the latest leak right now and I've been very impressed. It's impossible to predict when it will be released officially, but before year end is a possibility. I'm betting on mid to late January though.

Battery life has been great on JB, but as always it depends highly on your typical usage pattern.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I concur. I am highly impressed with the battery life using this leaked build of JB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084