WARNING!!! Do NOT update GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!! (UPDATE: Better now.)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: WARNING!!! Do NOT update GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!!!

Thanks for the tips, they'll probably get me pointed in the right direction. I won't be home for a couple of days, so it'll be until then before I can try. I'll definitely be back crying for help if I need it.

:'(

Last edited:

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: WARNING!!! Do NOT update GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!!!

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Isn't that what these forums should be for?

Fortunately, I was already saving photos to the external SD card; the PITA is a few odds and ends and bits of whatnot that I'd prefer not to lose. I also need it as a fallback/backup for my Nexus 4 why I determine whether it's a keeper. It's just a the waste of time that sucks and the fact that it wasn't something stupid that I did that's annoying. If I'd borked it up, it'd still suck, but it wouldn't feel like I'm mopping up someone else's mistake.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Isn't that what these forums should be for?

Fortunately, I was already saving photos to the external SD card; the PITA is a few odds and ends and bits of whatnot that I'd prefer not to lose. I also need it as a fallback/backup for my Nexus 4 why I determine whether it's a keeper. It's just a the waste of time that sucks and the fact that it wasn't something stupid that I did that's annoying. If I'd borked it up, it'd still suck, but it wouldn't feel like I'm mopping up someone else's mistake.

I know it's too late now, but when you get it sorted out you should consider having your photos auto upload to Dropbox. I love this feature and it can be set to only transfer on wifi.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've got it set up that way on my Nexus 4. I wish I could do it with one of the other cloud services since there's more room available there.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Explain futher on what happened. I looked at the app and out doesn't require root permissions which makes it impossible to damage the kernel or system. If what I'm gathering is right, all you had to do was factory reset without logging in to your google account.

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Explain futher on what happened. I looked at the app and out doesn't require root permissions which makes it impossible to damage the kernel or system. If what I'm gathering is right, all you had to do was factory reset without logging in to your google account.
The dev is baffled as well, but it happened to me and two other users, so something happened.

How is a factory reset not supposed to wipe out my data, which is what I'm trying to avoid? "Just do a factory reset," is so easy for some to say; they must not actually have any apps and data on their phones. And then not log in? Um, why? You're telling me to erase my phone and then never set it up for use again. Yes, very helpful suggestion. :confused:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

The dev is baffled as well, but it happened to me and two other users, so something happened.

How is a factory reset not supposed to wipe out my data, which is what I'm trying to avoid? "Just do a factory reset," is so easy for some to say; they must not actually have any apps and data on their phones. And then not log in? Um, why? You're telling me to erase my phone and then never set it up for use again. Yes, very helpful suggestion. :confused:

You've missed my point exactly. First, a factory reset would erase your data and apps , not anything on your sdcard , so you could've just downloaded an app to backup your sms, and apps you can just reinstall from the Play Store unless you got them from another source .

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Not sure why the fixing tips are all erased, but OK, I'll figure it out myself, I suppose. :confused:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I was able to slip Agat's recovery on via Odin 1.85 and make a nandroid. I then nuked the phone with a full restore+root and used Titanium to restore the apps, etc. It appears to have moved back most of my stuff, but a few odds and ends, especially the discontinued LWPs, didn't make it back. There's be some more cleanup needed, but at least it's not a paperweight.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: WARNING!!! GSam Battery Monitor on your GS2!!! It will KILL it!! (UPDATE: Better now.)

Awesome to hear. I just restored my friends ancient Samsung Captivate yesterday after he soft bricked it trying to update via Kies. I spent the better part of a day trying to get it working. I couldn't get Odin to recognize it. Then realized after much searching that Windows 8 usb drivers were the culprit. Plugged it into a windows 7 machine and I had it restored in 5 minutes. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34