Power button suddenly stopped working

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dropped my phone or made any changes in settings or apps and today just suddenly the hardware power button stopped working. Has this been a common problem? It's such a hassle I have to plug in the phone to be able to turn on. Now I've gotta back up everything and figure out what apps and settings I have and want to keep for the replacement.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My power button stopped working a year after having the phone. The phone would randomly reboot and the only way I could power it on was by reinserting the battery. Thankfully it was covered under Sprint insurance, so I got a free replacement a few days after taking it to a Sprint store.

I used GO Backup Pro to backup all my apps, data, and settings. If you're rooted, you can restore everything "silently" otherwise it prompts you for a "yes" or "no" when restoring each app.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just can't remember if I had kept the Sprint insurance or not... I never log into the site so now that I'm trying to I can't remember the password or details... and ended up getting locked out.

If I don't have insurance then I'm screwed... :(

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
No your not. Just take it to a place to repair it. The T-Mobile GS2 have the same problem.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Took it to a Sprint store and they said it couldn't be repaired, the power button is fixed and there's nothing they could do there. Luckily I DID have the protection plan so I put in for a replacement and it doesn't cost anything. Bad news is it's backordered and I probably won't get it till after Xmas.

I'll have to put up with being near a plug to turn the screen on for a little while longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui