So slow...

JAROAM

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly sure when it started. Maybe it was when my phone upgraded to ICS. It at least started after that, which was a while ago. My phone is just so slow. Thought I'd clean out my phone to free up memory and the like but that hasn't really helped. Haven't changed any of my settings. It's like an older computer that lags under the weight of all the crap that's on it and changes to it's OS so you'd think about reinstalling the whole shebang.

Examples: Coming out of or going into an application seems to take a few seconds too long. Sometimes my touch buttons will take what seems like an eternity to light up and be accessible. And sometimes when typing out a text it takes a few seconds to catch up. Sooo...annoying.

Thoughts? Thanks!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset my old viper did the same thing and a factory reset fixed it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure when it started. Maybe it was when my phone upgraded to ICS. It at least started after that, which was a while ago. My phone is just so slow. Thought I'd clean out my phone to free up memory and the like but that hasn't really helped. Haven't changed any of my settings. It's like an older computer that lags under the weight of all the crap that's on it and changes to it's OS so you'd think about reinstalling the whole shebang.

Examples: Coming out of or going into an application seems to take a few seconds too long. Sometimes my touch buttons will take what seems like an eternity to light up and be accessible. And sometimes when typing out a text it takes a few seconds to catch up. Sooo...annoying.

Thoughts? Thanks!

JB is your friend. It is what ICS should have been.
Just look and go for FK23 or FL16, FL04 seems to be a little wonky with battery use.

JAROAM

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset my old viper did the same thing and a factory reset fixed it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Won't that erase everything on my phone? Will I have to offload and then reload?

- - - Updated - - -

JB is your friend. It is what ICS should have been.
Just look and go for FK23 or FL16, FL04 seems to be a little wonky with battery use.

Um, call me stupid but I have no clue what you just said.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Won't that erase everything on my phone? Will I have to offload and then reload?

To say it will "erase everything" is a little overstated, but doing a backup/restore is absolutely a good idea. It will erase most program data on the phone storage, but it should not erase your SD card. Anything stored in the "cloud" (e.g. Contacts, Calendar, etc) should come back once it reboots and connects, likewise all your apps should come back.

Um, call me stupid but I have no clue what you just said.

JB is Jellybean the next Android release. there are "leaked" builds (FK23 etc) that you can install, and the preliminary reviews of JB are better than ICS.

Rob