text message when I someone leaves a voice message

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain why I get a weird text message when someone leaves a voice message for me on my sprint phone? What happened to the simple icon that told me I have a voice message and I call my phone number to receive it not some unknown number left in a text message?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you install google voice? Are you rooted? Mine did the same thing when i rooted and installed google voice. It was very annoying. I don't know about a fix. Just thought i would ask a couple questions.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you have Google Voice you probably set it up to take over your voice mail. You can change that back to Sprint or you can leave it with GVoice and change how it notifies you about messages.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain why I get a weird text message when someone leaves a voice message for me on my sprint phone? What happened to the simple icon that told me I have a voice message and I call my phone number to receive it not some unknown number left in a text message?

Got a better answer based on an assumption usually true. GoSMS is installed and you have not turned off the advanced setting for taking over other messages.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I was told by Sprint that that is a preinstalled voicemail app on the GS2. They give you a trial for a month and frankly it's pure crap. Unless the person speaks slowly and enunciates clearly it garbles the message. There's no way to remove that I know of. It's on the GS3 as well. Awful app.