Disable internal storage??

imme2007

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am getting another Epic Touch cause I loved my first one so much but I have one problem with the phone over all. The one thing I cant stand is the internal storage. All my info is on my 16gb sd card. So not only does the phone save to the internal it also looks for data in the internal. So alot of apps cant find the data cause its on my sd card. So is there anyway to disable the internal storage?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am getting another Epic Touch cause I loved my first one so much but I have one problem with the phone over all. The one thing I cant stand is the internal storage. All my info is on my 16gb sd card. So not only does the phone save to the internal it also looks for data in the internal. So alot of apps cant find the data cause its on my sd card. So is there anyway to disable the internal storage?

Not easily. It most likely would require a custom kernel that doesn't define emmc as a sdcard but I doubt anyone would do it since most of us uses it.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but at one point all the apps which I'd stored on the external card had disappeared, leaving nothing in the app drawer but placeholder icons. AFAI could tell, all the files and folders were still on the card and could be found using explorer apps like SD Maid. My music and podcast subscription files were still there and could be played by their respective apps. The only plausible precursor I can think of is that the card was nearly full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89