Kies recovery help!

DeFrank_J

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing battery troubles for some time and I read that the new update to the OS could be attributed with battery life problems, I read an article on how to revert back to gingerbread for better battery life which involved rooting the phone and you could remove the root if you wanted too. I followed the steps got to odin and at first my laptop read the device and i've never had a problem with it before, as soon as I started the odin thing a few moments later it said failed and that my device could not be recognized. I tried and tried and my device would just not be recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers, different usb ports and even tried my desktop, no luck. When ever I try to boot up the phone I get the firmware update needs recovery and to go to kies and try again. I installed kies and tried to recover but nothing pops,. and I think the problem is my phone wont be recognized. How am I supposed to recover my phone if my pc wont recognize it? I'm sorry i'm a novice and could really use some help I probably should have never attempted this. Should I take it to sprint or send it to samsung. I dont know what to do, I just want my phone back to normal. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thank you.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing battery troubles for some time and I read that the new update to the OS could be attributed with battery life problems, I read an article on how to revert back to gingerbread for better battery life which involved rooting the phone and you could remove the root if you wanted too. I followed the steps got to odin and at first my laptop read the device and i've never had a problem with it before, as soon as I started the odin thing a few moments later it said failed and that my device could not be recognized. I tried and tried and my device would just not be recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers, different usb ports and even tried my desktop, no luck. When ever I try to boot up the phone I get the firmware update needs recovery and to go to kies and try again. I installed kies and tried to recover but nothing pops,. and I think the problem is my phone wont be recognized. How am I supposed to recover my phone if my pc wont recognize it? I'm sorry i'm a novice and could really use some help I probably should have never attempted this. Should I take it to sprint or send it to samsung. I dont know what to do, I just want my phone back to normal. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thank you.

Just use ODIN again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt