Sprint s2 Jelly Bean. Ever?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
At OP, it is now rumored the S2 will also be getting 4.2.2!! Damnnnnn samsung is on a roll with their slow updates. :p

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

E4GTUser94

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
At OP, it is now rumored the S2 will also be getting 4.2.2!! Damnnnnn samsung is on a roll with their slow updates. :p

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Now, considering all things I've heard, I can only hope your being serious, but highly doubt it lol.... never know with you haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

E4GTUser94

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I was wondering where you went LOL

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

LOL, now I'm just trying to decide between GN2 and GS4. I want to say GS4 just because I can sell it for a lot if I don't like it lol. I wish I could give my e4gt to a dev, but i have to give it to my step dad to get his upgrade.... he's still on the OG epic lol

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
LOL, now I'm just trying to decide between GN2 and GS4. I want to say GS4 just because I can sell it for a lot if I don't like it lol. I wish I could give my e4gt to a dev, but i have to give it to my step dad to get his upgrade.... he's still on the OG epic lol

Bummer bro. I think I'm going to a note when my upgrade comes up, but we'll see...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Golfdriver97.
GB08 has been temping me. I've checked out QBKing77 a lot in the past. Good resource. GB08 sounds fairly stable. I just recall side installing a pre-released "official update" in the past (I think it was for my EVO 4G) and then finding out that the real official had other changes. HTC had to issue a special update, later, for us impatient early adopters to get us back to the new stock. My issue with rooting is that my phone is my personal and professional lifeline. Many times rooted options have some limitations; something doesn't work right. I guess its a case of staying with the devil you know (stock) rather than going with the devil you don't know. I'll check out QBKing77, today, and maybe, I'll make the jump. One thing is for sure. Getting 4.2.* and beyond is not a given with the SII, so rooting might be the way for me to get that.

T-Mo subsidizing. Personally, I wouldn't buy a phone from T-Mo or any other carrier for the very reasons that you listed. No more carrier branded and controlled phones for me. I would go to the Google Play Store and get the Nexus. If T-Mo or AT&T offered it at a similar price then I would buy an unlocked Nexus from them, however.

My personal plan is to get a GSM Nexus this Fall when my Sprint is up. By then, I might just wait a little longer to get the "next" Nexus. I'll have my number ported to GV (hopefully they have true MMS support by then :( ) and then get a SIM for T-Mo, AT&T, or one of their pre-paid MVNOs. I'd go monthly, and see who gives the best coverage and service for my needs. Freedom and flexibility, baby! :)

Hey, glad you are looking at QBKing's stuff. He has been very helpful for me. I just looked at my download dates, and I have had GB08 for over a month (2-19) and have had no problems. However, to be more specific, it is not my daily driver phone, so it is not connected to Sprint's 3G/2G service. If there are any problems there, I wouldn't know about them. However, I have read other postings her and other forums about people running GB08, and having no problems at all.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Why did I wait so long to get jellybean? I can't get the Swype auto spacing to work right, but I am sure I will figure it out. the new touchwiz has some features from gingerbread I liked. I am excited to use it some more. I am trying to change my boot animation, I did root, but I don't know if I can only change it with a custom Rom. any one know?

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Why did I wait so long to get jellybean? I can't get the Swype auto spacing to work right, but I am sure I will figure it out. the new touchwiz has some features from gingerbread I liked. I am excited to use it some more. I am trying to change my boot animation, I did root, but I don't know if I can only change it with a custom Rom. any one know?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2079190

Go here:beer::D

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't find where to put the boot animation.zip. I know it goes in system/media.I put my bootanimation inthe folder I should and nothing. I am running fk23. any ideas would be much appreciated.

cs2870

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think Google needs to make faster updates part of the licensing agreement.

I don't hate Sprint because of the slow updates. I've got plenty of other reasons.

When I had the HTC evo, the updates were pretty quick. Obviously it's more to do with the hardware manufacturer. I don't care how good the phone is, I will never own another Samsung phone, on any carrier, because they are slooooooooooooow. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal to me, if the current official version wasn't such crap! They made my phone worse with the current update, then take their sweet time about releasing an upgrade, which I would call a "fix", not an update.

Although I've been a computer geek all my life, and always hacked and took everything apart electronic I've ever had, but my phone is just one of those things I want to work, out of the box, keep it official so if they break it, they fix it, and don't want to screw with it. A combination of too little time, too little patience, and a day to day necessity for my job. Otherwise I would go find one of those roms you guys are talking about. I am sooooo tired of waiting. My next phone will be a nexus. I was pissed they didn't make the nexus 4 available on verizon. At this point every phone is fast enough for me ( i don't play games on mine ) and I just want faster updates and an original android OS without all the bloat and bs customization

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie