Sprint s2 Jelly Bean. Ever?

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't find where to put the boot animation.zip. I know it goes in system/media.I put my bootanimation inthe folder I should and nothing. I am running fk23. any ideas would be much appreciated.

You need to the bootanimations4u.zip in the link posted above for it to work.
Samsung changed things with jb, so the old methods don't work:beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I think Google needs to make faster updates part of the licensing agreement.

I don't hate Sprint because of the slow updates. I've got plenty of other reasons.

When I had the HTC evo, the updates were pretty quick. Obviously it's more to do with the hardware manufacturer. I don't care how good the phone is, I will never own another Samsung phone, on any carrier, because they are slooooooooooooow. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal to me, if the current official version wasn't such crap! They made my phone worse with the current update, then take their sweet time about releasing an upgrade, which I would call a "fix", not an update.

Although I've been a computer geek all my life, and always hacked and took everything apart electronic I've ever had, but my phone is just one of those things I want to work, out of the box, keep it official so if they break it, they fix it, and don't want to screw with it. A combination of too little time, too little patience, and a day to day necessity for my job. Otherwise I would go find one of those roms you guys are talking about. I am sooooo tired of waiting. My next phone will be a nexus. I was pissed they didn't make the nexus 4 available on verizon. At this point every phone is fast enough for me ( i don't play games on mine ) and I just want faster updates and an original android OS without all the bloat and bs customization

Things are a lot smoother on this side of jb. You can use a one click for jb with root, and one click back to official whenever you want.

SceneKiller632

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with a rep at Sprint. The latest information they're being given from Samsung is that it WILL be 4.2.2 and it's going to come before the launch of the GS4. They said since the GS4 launches in the 3rd week of April, the update will come no later than the 2nd week of April. Take it with a grain of salt obviously but that's the latest straight from the horse's mouth

nickjyc

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke with a rep at Sprint. The latest information they're being given from Samsung is that it WILL be 4.2.2 and it's going to come before the launch of the GS4. They said since the GS4 launches in the 3rd week of April, the update will come no later than the 2nd week of April. Take it with a grain of salt obviously but that's the latest straight from the horse's mouth

This gives me some hope then, even if it may be complete BS.

Sent from my SPH-D710

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been holding off from rooting/flashing. Trying to be patient. I'd rather keep things stock but the "staying awake" issue is really frustrating. I also have a wifi connectivity issue that may or may not be related. The wifi shows connected but it will randomly lose connection to the internet.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Eating salt right now. :p

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
There should be a separate place on the forum for emotional rants that are only thinly disguised as requests for technical assistance. There should be another one for requests for unknowable information and rumors like release dates and future features.

yikes777

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sprint may update the S2 when they say since the S2 seems to be the giveaway phone with contract. If it proves popular then maybe their customer service will improve. HA! One can hope.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For those of you still on the fence about pulling the trigger on the Jelly Bean GB27 Odin One-Click update for the E4GT, especially those of you (like me) who haven't tried this type of update before... I say GO FOR IT! --- Here's my feedback on my GB27 experience, thus far... which I posted yesterday in another thread (but I think this one is more appropriate).

"Nothing ventured... Nothing gained"!

Still only a few days in with GB27, but I can tell you that my phone is running far more smoothly and a bit faster. There are also already a handful of Jelly Bean enhancements that I'm really enjoying, breathing new life into the E4GT. Most importantly, the phone is far more stable. Pre-update (on ICS FL24) I was plagued with involuntary reboots and battery issues everyday. Since flashing to GB27, the phone has not auto-rebooted or frozen even once. Jury is still out on battery performance, as I've been "using" the device a lot more these past few days in re-installing and configuring my apps. I've installed and configured over 80 apps without a single Force Close. Thus far, the only negative I can see is that the Auto-Brightness calibration is a little too low for me, requiring me to resort to manual brightness control... which is now conveniently located as you reveal the notification drop down bar. No big deal, but overall brightness (even max) seems lower than pre-update.

Bottom Line: After all the ICS OTA misfires from Sprint, If my E4GT continues to perform like this on GB27, I will be happy to have this be my regular/final update, regardless of whether or not it becomes the Official OTA Build from Sprint.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well 13curly beat me to it.
Just came to post what I read on engadget, so I hope that the update is fairly bug free for you all. I know I will be performing this update for a friend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it is telling some people that they are on the latest version. Don't know how on Kies they can slowly roll this out but I think they might be. Also if anyone does get it, please let the rest of us know because right now I have 2 phones that say are latest versions, and one of those people are nervous about any changes to their device so I have to show them a ton of stuff usually my phone to get them to update.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it is telling some people that they are on the latest version. Don't know how on Kies they can slowly roll this out but I think they might be. Also if anyone does get it, please let the rest of us know because right now I have 2 phones that say are latest versions, and one of those people are nervous about any changes to their device so I have to show them a ton of stuff usually my phone to get them to update.
I get the same message. Already on the latest version.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I won't be able to give this a try until tomorrow. I currently have the leaked stock GB27, but want to get the official release on my phone so I think I'm going to have to go back a couple of versions first.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Sprint released a statement that the tools aren't up yet, give it until tomorrow:beer:

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just saw on XDA that GB27 is now available via Kies. Sprint announcement at:
Find and update the software on your Samsung Galaxy S II

Nice! Looks like my decision to pull the trigger on the Odin One-Click Stock Rooted version of GB27 on Monday as my first attempt to Flash/Root, was the right decision. Now, I have the "Official" Sprint Jelly Bean build, and I'm rooted... and started with a "Clean Slate" (as I don't like/trust) Sprint's OTA process!

If you can't wait for the OTA (or don't trust it), I suggest you consider the One-Click Rooted GB27 process. It was super-simple!