05-22-2013 04:02 PM
215 ... 34567 ...
tools
    This is what worked for me. Kies was just not working, and after recent experiences at the local Sprint stores I wasn't about to take it to them. The simple downloader worked fine, the instructions were pretty fool-proof.

Here are the direct links to the downloads, although I'm not sure why Samsung would bother with different links for the black and white versions. Just click on the Download tab to find the installer.

Samsung Galaxy S II, available at Sprint (Black)
    Samsung Galaxy S II, available at Sprint (White)
    Thanks for the link for the white SG2. My parents have the white one and I couldn't update through Kies. I'm thinking the Samsung website must be overloaded with so many people trying to update their phones. I used your link to update their phones and it worked like a charm! Thanks!
    03-30-2013 09:54 PM
    Great news...

If my wife has FL FL24 rooted, what do I have to do to get JB on her phone, preferably rooted? Or perhaps not rooted.
    thanks
    03-30-2013 10:13 PM
    Well. Not a good night. Attempted to use KIES to perform the upgrade. Ended up talking with Samsung this morning for almost two hours trying to repair the corrupted phone. The upgrade corrupted the OS. End result? I had to contact the insurance co. (Asurion) and pay $100 deductible for a new phone. Can't wait until Thanksgiving.....I'll be up for a new phone....going to get a SGS4 I think.
    03-31-2013 11:22 AM
    where was that to download?! someone please that click is annoying
    This is applied after you update to GB27 and does not require root. It works wonderfully!
    [MOD][ODIN]Add Camera Shutter Sound Toggle NO ROOT! - xda-developers
    redhdgirl417 likes this.
    03-31-2013 11:25 AM
    So I finally got my JB upgrade done, and I got it done at the store that said they couldn't do it until the 1st of April. I ended up going tback to the store to "politely discuss" with them why they couldn't do it, only to run into a buddy of mine that now works for Sprint. My buddy said the same thing about the 1st, and I told him he was wrong. He gave me access to one of their computers and said "If you can find, we can update it.". I went right to the Samsung website and downloaded the updater. Then we updated my phone. I'm rocking JB now, and so far, I'm liking it. The phone almost feels like new again. Oh, and the purple colored LED for the dying phone is kind of a nice change. I always figured it had the capability to do more than just red or blue, and now I know it does.
    03-31-2013 03:11 PM
    The cm10 I had for that phone had a purple light also in jb but u know cm is aosp.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-31-2013 04:42 PM
    I am so glad they finally released it. It seems to state that it is to large for over the air install, it's only over wire. So download the simple tool DL its easy.
    03-31-2013 07:53 PM
    were we supposed to get android beam cuz i dont see it. and my baseband version is S710.10 S.GB27 is that right....im starting to feel i downloaded the wrong one......i didnt get the silent on the shutter or the emoji i been reading about.
    Android beam requires nfc which this phone doesnt have and for the shutter you can download a file on xda and the emoji part i never heard of
    03-31-2013 08:56 PM
    Anyone having trouble with kies? It downloads the update thrn closes and dose nothing, needless to say its as bad as itunes imo.

Btw im trying to update a boosr mobile version, kies is crap so far any other ways?

[Update] im gonna take it by a sprint store, kies is a pos. Hopefully the sprint store can update it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    03-31-2013 09:18 PM
    Anyone having trouble with kies? It downloads the update thrn closes and dose nothing, needless to say its as bad as itunes imo.

Btw im trying to update a boosr mobile version, kies is crap so far any other ways?

Theres another way through simple upgrade tool theres a link a couple comments up ^_^
    03-31-2013 10:21 PM
    Oh, and the purple colored LED for the dying phone is kind of a nice change. I always figured it had the capability to do more than just red or blue, and now I know it does.
    I knew I wasn,t the only one who noticed that! I was starting to think I was crazy
    03-31-2013 11:23 PM
    I've got the GS2 for Boost Mobile, but used the simple updater, and now all the Boost apps turned into Sprint apps. Boost Zone to Sprint Zone, and Boost ID to Sprint ID, etc. I'm wondering if maybe I updated to a Sprint version or something, but I downloaded Kies and it says I have the latest firmware. Anybody know if there's a specific update for Boost?
    04-01-2013 02:43 AM
    I've got the GS2 for Boost Mobile, but used the simple updater, and now all the Boost apps turned into Sprint apps. Boost Zone to Sprint Zone, and Boost ID to Sprint ID, etc. I'm wondering if maybe I updated to a Sprint version or something, but I downloaded Kies and it says I have the latest firmware. Anybody know if there's a specific update for Boost?
    You probably did use the sprint version. You can always flash a kernel with a recovery via odin and flash my boost 4.1.2 ROM:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2214107

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    04-01-2013 03:08 AM
    Any idea where to find the Boost version?
    04-01-2013 03:27 AM
    Any idea where to find the Boost version?
    I found it on samsungs website, were you select what phones it gives you carriers to chose from and I clicked booat then SPH-710 and downloaded that but have not tried it since I dont have the phone at the moment plus I dont want to take the otterbox off and mess up thr zagg again.

04-01-2013 07:19 AM
    I was going through sprint community and ran into this simple upgrade tool i have yet to download it and try will this work ? I dont know if anyone has used it before
    I'm downloading it now...it's 520MB. I had to bc Kies was not doing its job.
    04-01-2013 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the link for the white SG2. My parents have the white one and I couldn't update through Kies. I'm thinking the Samsung website must be overloaded with so many people trying to update their phones. I used your link to update their phones and it worked like a charm! Thanks!
    Awesome, HG, glad I could help!
    04-01-2013 05:54 PM
    This is applied after you update to GB27 and does not require root. It works wonderfully!
    THANKS but i have a mac.....and that is an exe. file....which sucks for me....uuuuggghhhhh
    04-01-2013 06:15 PM
    I am new to XDA...is there a download tool I need to have on the pc to run this download? Sorry for being so stupid...I'm assuming there must be as I tried the download and it did nada. Love the GB27 but man is that camera click LOUD!
    04-01-2013 07:30 PM
    i keep getting this pop up......i made a post about it but no one is answering it.....maybe someone here could help me
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!-screenshot_2013-03-30-11-57-11.png  
    04-01-2013 07:42 PM
    I finally goy my buddies phone to update through kies, it would download the update then force close on my desktop, well after trying a few(more like 10) times I used a different usb data cable and it worked perfectly.

04-01-2013 09:10 PM
    I am new to XDA...is there a download tool I need to have on the pc to run this download? Sorry for being so stupid...I'm assuming there must be as I tried the download and it did nada. Love the GB27 but man is that camera click LOUD!
    You just run the .exe file from XDA. I know how you feel - I spent half a day trying to find that ODIN tool pictured and just thought it was me
    04-01-2013 11:25 PM
    i keep getting this pop up......i made a post about it but no one is answering it.....maybe someone here could help me
    I believe someone suggested that you delete the gmail app and then reinstall.
    04-01-2013 11:27 PM
    You just run the .exe file from XDA. I know how you feel - I spent half a day trying to find that ODIN tool pictured and just thought it was me
    Thanks! :-)
    04-02-2013 07:23 AM
    Went into a sprint store today to see if they can update jelly bean for me. The lady told me to go the service&repair store but i didnt have time today and she told me that the update was rolling out as an OTA and I should wait for an update message on my phone but from what I've seen the file size is to big to be done via OTA so I have no way of getting the update since kies wont open on my computer I have to wait till I have time to go to the store
    One clicks in ROMs forum will get you going.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    04-02-2013 06:16 PM
215 ... 34567 ...