Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to clear data from the Google Search App and the menu doesn't disappear anymore. Settings>Application Manager>All>Google Search>Clear Data. I also Cleared the Cache.

This did not work in my case. But I was able to time it right and hit the settings button before it disappeared.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If someone can help. I have a guy by the name of Arlin on my Android help page on Facebook is having some issues with the update. My page is The Android Goddess on Facebook, any help for her would be appreciated.

~??Holliewood??~

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If someone can help. I have a guy by the name of Arlin on my Android help page on Facebook is having some issues with the update. My page is The Android Goddess on Facebook, any help for her would be appreciated.

~??Holliewood??~

Send them here and someone can provide help.

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You can manually flash the firmware via Odin or you can just simply visit Sprint store and ask them to do it for you. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

I was going through sprint community and ran into this simple upgrade tool i have yet to download it and try will this work ? I dont know if anyone has used it before

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-30-01-52-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-30-01-52-13.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 50

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the update downloaded & installed. At first I was using Kies Lite and nothing would happen. Used the reg version of it and it downloaded in no time. I like how snappy fast it is compared to ICS. So I'll have to see if this update is good with regards to battery life. I'm a happy camper so far! ;)

solemnservant

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I updated via samsungs download tool yesterday and the installation went smoothly. However, now when I flip from page to page on the home screen the speech output reads the page numbering out loud. it is so annoying. The driving mode is off and no accessibly, like talk back, is selected. Any advice on turning this off?

WVTip

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine also has the settings stopping issue. Pure stock and no rooting. I found that if I turn off Bluetooth it doesn't occur! Hope I can find a fix.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Did it wipe everything or just the home screen?
Never mind, found my answer from your earlier post
Did the download over kies hard line yesterday and aside from wiping my home screens it's been great. BATTERY Life for 14 hours no problem. That google now settings thing is correct but I dont care and someone figured it out anyway. Loving it, no new phone for me this July.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
how do i turn off the shutter sound in the camera. i cant figure it out!

Did you install camera shutter sound mute? If so, open the camera app and select setting scroll down to shuttersound and select 'off'. If you didn't install the fix, you're out of luck.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Got home last night (~2am) and attempted the Kies update...got about half way through and it locked up. closed everything out and restarted the phone and still at 4.0.4. It works fine and all so, no damage done. Tried it again this morning and there is no update available. In fact, on KIES, it won't even check the rev level of the phone. It skips over it. It won't even allow a manual update. Weird. I will wait until Monday to try again. Ideas?

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
were we supposed to get android beam cuz i dont see it. and my baseband version is S:D710.10 S.GB27 is that right....im starting to feel i downloaded the wrong one......i didnt get the silent on the shutter or the emoji i been reading about.

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I was going through sprint community and ran into this simple upgrade tool i have yet to download it and try will this work ? I dont know if anyone has used it before

This is what worked for me. Kies was just not working, and after recent experiences at the local Sprint stores I wasn't about to take it to them. The simple downloader worked fine, the instructions were pretty fool-proof.

Here are the direct links to the downloads, although I'm not sure why Samsung would bother with different links for the black and white versions. Just click on the Download tab to find the installer.

Samsung Galaxy S? II, available at Sprint (Black)
Samsung Galaxy S? II, available at Sprint (White)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze