Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This is what worked for me. Kies was just not working, and after recent experiences at the local Sprint stores I wasn't about to take it to them. The simple downloader worked fine, the instructions were pretty fool-proof.

Here are the direct links to the downloads, although I'm not sure why Samsung would bother with different links for the black and white versions. Just click on the Download tab to find the installer.

Samsung Galaxy S? II, available at Sprint (Black)
Samsung Galaxy S? II, available at Sprint (White)

Thanks for the link for the white SG2. My parents have the white one and I couldn't update through Kies. I'm thinking the Samsung website must be overloaded with so many people trying to update their phones. I used your link to update their phones and it worked like a charm! Thanks! :):):)

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Great news...

If my wife has FL FL24 rooted, what do I have to do to get JB on her phone, preferably rooted? Or perhaps not rooted.
thanks

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well. Not a good night. Attempted to use KIES to perform the upgrade. Ended up talking with Samsung this morning for almost two hours trying to repair the corrupted phone. The upgrade corrupted the OS. End result? I had to contact the insurance co. (Asurion) and pay $100 deductible for a new phone. Can't wait until Thanksgiving.....I'll be up for a new phone....going to get a SGS4 I think.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got my JB upgrade done, and I got it done at the store that said they couldn't do it until the 1st of April. I ended up going tback to the store to "politely discuss" with them why they couldn't do it, only to run into a buddy of mine that now works for Sprint. My buddy said the same thing about the 1st, and I told him he was wrong. He gave me access to one of their computers and said "If you can find, we can update it.". I went right to the Samsung website and downloaded the updater. Then we updated my phone. I'm rocking JB now, and so far, I'm liking it. The phone almost feels like new again. Oh, and the purple colored LED for the dying phone is kind of a nice change. I always figured it had the capability to do more than just red or blue, and now I know it does. :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The cm10 I had for that phone had a purple light also in jb but u know cm is aosp.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I am so glad they finally released it. It seems to state that it is to large for over the air install, it's only over wire. So download the simple tool DL its easy.

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
were we supposed to get android beam cuz i dont see it. and my baseband version is S:D710.10 S.GB27 is that right....im starting to feel i downloaded the wrong one......i didnt get the silent on the shutter or the emoji i been reading about.

Android beam requires nfc which this phone doesnt have and for the shutter you can download a file on xda and the emoji part i never heard of

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with kies? It downloads the update thrn closes and dose nothing, needless to say its as bad as itunes imo.

Btw im trying to update a boosr mobile version, kies is crap so far any other ways?

[Update] im gonna take it by a sprint store, kies is a pos. Hopefully the sprint store can update it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Last edited:

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with kies? It downloads the update thrn closes and dose nothing, needless to say its as bad as itunes imo.

Btw im trying to update a boosr mobile version, kies is crap so far any other ways?

Theres another way through simple upgrade tool theres a link a couple comments up ^_^

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and the purple colored LED for the dying phone is kind of a nice change. I always figured it had the capability to do more than just red or blue, and now I know it does. :)

I knew I wasn,t the only one who noticed that! I was starting to think I was crazy

halfasked1

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got the GS2 for Boost Mobile, but used the simple updater, and now all the Boost apps turned into Sprint apps. Boost Zone to Sprint Zone, and Boost ID to Sprint ID, etc. I'm wondering if maybe I updated to a Sprint version or something, but I downloaded Kies and it says I have the latest firmware. Anybody know if there's a specific update for Boost?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got the GS2 for Boost Mobile, but used the simple updater, and now all the Boost apps turned into Sprint apps. Boost Zone to Sprint Zone, and Boost ID to Sprint ID, etc. I'm wondering if maybe I updated to a Sprint version or something, but I downloaded Kies and it says I have the latest firmware. Anybody know if there's a specific update for Boost?

You probably did use the sprint version. You can always flash a kernel with a recovery via odin and flash my boost 4.1.2 ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214107

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Any idea where to find the Boost version?

I found it on samsungs website, were you select what phones it gives you carriers to chose from and I clicked booat then SPH-710 and downloaded that but have not tried it since I dont have the phone at the moment plus I dont want to take the otterbox off and mess up thr zagg again.

ackthbbft

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link for the white SG2. My parents have the white one and I couldn't update through Kies. I'm thinking the Samsung website must be overloaded with so many people trying to update their phones. I used your link to update their phones and it worked like a charm! Thanks! :):):)

Awesome, HG, glad I could help!

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i keep getting this pop up......i made a post about it but no one is answering it.....maybe someone here could help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-30-11-57-11.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-30-11-57-11.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 43