Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I finally goy my buddies phone to update through kies, it would download the update then force close on my desktop, well after trying a few(more like 10) times I used a different usb data cable and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I am new to XDA...is there a download tool I need to have on the pc to run this download? Sorry for being so stupid...I'm assuming there must be as I tried the download and it did nada. Love the GB27 but man is that camera click LOUD! :D

You just run the .exe file from XDA. I know how you feel - I spent half a day trying to find that ODIN tool pictured and just thought it was me:-!

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Went into a sprint store today to see if they can update jelly bean for me. The lady told me to go the service&repair store but i didnt have time today and she told me that the update was rolling out as an OTA and I should wait for an update message on my phone but from what I've seen the file size is to big to be done via OTA so I have no way of getting the update since kies wont open on my computer I have to wait till I have time to go to the store :(

One clicks in ROMs forum will get you going.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I want jelly bean so bad but at&t has decided I dont need my internet and modem put till thursday since I just moved .. These days seem like months I want jelly bean :(

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I want jelly bean so bad but at&t has decided I dont need my internet and modem put till thursday since I just moved .. These days seem like months I want jelly bean :(

Just go to a Sprint store and have them do it for you. No need to wait for your home internet to get up and running.

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Now the phone keeps opening google search when you dont click it and acts like it freezes for a second, anyone else have this issue and/or a fix? Thanks!

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having a lot of difficulty getting the update....so, I used a different USB cord and bam, the Simple Download tool mentioned above worked perfectly.
Jelly bean is freaking awesome! It's like I bought a new phone!!

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
as my phone shows Lloyd, the word "Downloading", and the phrase "Do not turn off target!!", my downloader shows the following - i am not sure it's doing anything:

i am now on the screen on my laptop that says "1. Plug the USB cable into the phone and PC", and giving me options of "exit", "back", and "next". except "next" isn't lit up. it doesn't "feel right". is this normal?

i suppose a clue is that in the bottom right, it says "disconnected" and the bottom left it says "detect port..."

the example on samsung says "com5" on the bottom right, and "ready" on the bottom left.

this is going to end badly i believe. :eek:/

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
as my phone shows Lloyd, the word "Downloading", and the phrase "Do not turn off target!!", my downloader shows the following - i am not sure it's doing anything:

i am now on the screen on my laptop that says "1. Plug the USB cable into the phone and PC", and giving me options of "exit", "back", and "next". except "next" isn't lit up. it doesn't "feel right". is this normal?

i suppose a clue is that in the bottom right, it says "disconnected" and the bottom left it says "detect port..."

the example on samsung says "com5" on the bottom right, and "ready" on the bottom left.

this is going to end badly i believe. :eek:/

You may need to install the current USB drivers

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You may need to install the current USB drivers

you may be right.

i went to bed last night, and just let things happen, fully expecting my battery to be drained overnight.

instead, the phone just restarted itself at some point, sans update, and charged up.

then when i plugged in this morning, it downloaded drivers.

came to work to update, but alas, i don't have the right admin priviledges to install the updater, so i must wait until i get home tonight.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Treesham - don't plug the usb cable in until the slide tells you. I believe this is what messed up my prior failed attempts. Good luck

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a download link to the official update.exe file? I'm on a computer with no admin privileges and unfortunately can't install the Simple Upgrader.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my pager using the 1990s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance