Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I've been experimenting for an hour trying to get the update through the PS3 to no avail.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I downloaded something to the PS3 using its browser, but never could get it to bring the update up in the phone/settings/update Samsung software.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You actually do not need to use Kies to update. You can just download the updater direct from Samsung and use the tool without ever installing or opening Kies. :)

True... but I'm used to updating my phone with Kies. I used kies to update my GS2 since gingerbread. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I was able to update via Kies. Can't stand the notification lights and cant get Lightflow to work now. Another problem is Wifi not connecting now. I use an extended battery and tried everything to get it to connect, changed batteries, back to stock, and now its kinda working, but its not consistent.

Last edited:

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was able to update via Kies. Can't stand the notification lights and cant get Lightflow to work now. Another problem is Wifi not connecting now. I use an extended battery and tried everything to get it to connect, changed batteries, back to stock, and now its kinda working, but its not consistent.

How about doing hard reset??

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset? I've pulled the battery for 10 minutes and then rebooted. I've cleared cache, and cookies, deleted wifi then, reentered password, and etc.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset? I've pulled the battery for 10 minutes and then rebooted. I've cleared cache, and cookies, deleted wifi then, reentered password, and etc.

That's a soft reset... turn off your phone and hold volume up&down key and power button and select factory reset. ..

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
That's a soft reset... turn off your phone and hold volume up&down key and power button and select factory reset. ..

And surely you're going to mention that a hard reset erases all data and settings and makes it stock.

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have to do a Factory reset after the Jellybean update. I called Boost Mobile, two days after downloading the update, and they gave me a bunch of codes to try and none of them worked for my wifi connection problems. On the third day I came home after work and turned the wifi on and it connected. Amazing. Everything other wifi device I have didn't have a problem connecting, I went through everything I could to get the phone to connect during the previous days and nothing would work. I had read that the phone acts flaky the first couple days aftee the update , so I'm assumming sometimes it can't be a waiting game for some of the problems associated with the updates.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you back up and then reinstall that data or do you just start fresh?

When I do factory reset I backup my contacts and messages to my pc. It seems it doesn't erase your musics and pictures but I backup anyways. Once you've done factory reset, your phone automatically start downloading your apps that you installed before.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
When I do factory reset I backup my contacts and messages to my pc. It seems it doesn't erase your musics and pictures but I backup anyways. Once you've done factory reset, your phone automatically start downloading your apps that you installed before.

But you don't use a backup program to restore settings and app data? Sounds like you just start fresh. I might do it but I can't even think about losing all my settings and app data.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
But you don't use a backup program to restore settings and app data? Sounds like you just start fresh. I might do it but I can't even think about losing all my settings and app data.

I use this app to backup contacts and messages. Once back up that I send it through my gmail so I can restore those data after factory reset. You can also backup apps and app data. I highly recommend this app. :) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&token=Lglr7gYb

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you back up and then reinstall that data or do you just start fresh?

I backed up all my pics on my sd card....remove sd card before factory reset.....i reinstalled my apps after factory reset was done....a PITA but at least no issues with the ph after major update......you can use a backup program to save your apps if you wish.....