06-20-2013 03:44 PM
88 1234
tools
    Great update!

I tried CM10, the leaked JB, and a few others, the official is better than all the rest. Hated giving up root, but with all the software included in cool.

Now to get rid of all of these Sprint apps, LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-01-2013 04:18 PM
    Great update!

I tried CM10, the leaked JB, and a few others, the official is better than all the rest. Hated giving up root, but with all the software included in cool.

Which leaked JB? I've been running rooted GB27 for almost a month so surely the official is exactly the same (apart from root of course)?
    drk65 and garwynn like this.
    04-01-2013 05:14 PM
    when I dock the phone I no longer get the red led while it is charging or the blue led when fully charged.
    Anyone else seeing this? Any solution?
    It is somewhere in the settings. You can turn on/off the LED indicator while charging.

I am, however, getting a blue LED notification from different apps now though. Used to be only red for everything except Facebook and Fully Charged. Now it is blue for Snapchat. Do not like that.
    04-01-2013 06:30 PM
    Great update!

The only option i see on all these Sprint apps is to disable them. Anyway to uninstall them permanently?
    04-01-2013 06:54 PM
    Un-pair both devices then go through the process of paring and connecting them again problem goes away.
    cqpearson likes this.
    04-01-2013 08:52 PM
    Having trouble updating using kies software. I get the update but as soon as a go to download it the update screen freezes up. Any ideas?
    04-03-2013 04:21 PM
    Working fine for me!
    04-03-2013 06:01 PM
    Having trouble updating using kies software. I get the update but as soon as a go to download it the update screen freezes up. Any ideas?
    Try using a different usb cable, kies keep closing after it downloaded the update. Tried another usb and it worked fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    planase likes this.
    04-04-2013 08:14 AM
    Your not the only one with the Settings problem... every time I turn Bluetooth on and then try to access settings, it crashes.
    As soon as I turn Bluetooth off, settings is fine. WTF?

Also disapointed the update put all the sprint bloatware back on the phone, but this time, i can't remove any of it.
    I could always just uninstall them all before the Jelly Bean update.
    04-04-2013 11:54 AM
    I love it. It gives my phone new life.

On top of all the changes, my favorite part is NO LAG.
    I'm having trouble getting used to everything running liquid-smooth like before ICS.
    Battery life is excellent, I got a 2000mAh battery to combat ICS's problems, so no worries there.
    Highlighting text works well again, my keyboard no longer lags or gets stuck, the screen follows the cursor while typing (one of the most annoying things about ICS).
    I love that I can change the media and notification volume without going through Menu>Settings>Sound.

Really my only gripe is the dimness of the top bar.

Sent from my wonderful SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-04-2013 01:51 PM
    Un-pair both devices then go through the process of paring and connecting them again problem goes awa
    04-04-2013 06:39 PM
    I haven't had any issues at all. Seems like I have a new device. Everything works fine and the new features are great. I would suggest updating thru Samsung website instead of kies. Seems like the people who have problems used kies
    Ditto...THUMBS UP!
    04-04-2013 07:01 PM
    Thumbs up, for sure. Only gripe right now is that the clock app crashes whenever I try to set a new alarm. I've tried clearing data, force stop, reboots, but the problem persists. I didn't do a factory reset after the update, maybe that's the fix?
    04-05-2013 01:20 AM
    Tyndall, I haven't had either of those issues. In fact, my phone is charging away next to me as I type this and the red light is on. And yesterday, after a full charge, the blue light turned on. What I did notice though, is that the LED doe not stay on once you wake up the phone. As soon as the screen is off again though, the LED turns back on to the appropriate color.
    LED only works when the screen is off, so if docked and displaying the clock, the LED will not light. At least that is my experience so far.
    04-05-2013 07:26 AM
    Your not the only one with the Settings problem... every time I turn Bluetooth on and then try to access settings, it crashes.
    As soon as I turn Bluetooth off, settings is fine. WTF?
    I had same issue. Just pair up the bluetooth again and it resolves the settings problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-05-2013 09:17 AM
    Everything running 5 x 5!

"You ain't got out the limousine yet."
    04-05-2013 09:20 AM
    Very, very happy with this update. It's like a new phone.
    04-05-2013 02:31 PM
    So now that I have upgraded, my long press of the search key launches the obnoxious Samsung Vlingo voice command app. it used to just launch a google voice search. any idea how to get that back.

and I know that by single pressing, it takes me to Google now, which has a search function, but i hate launching that app.
    04-05-2013 05:53 PM
    There is nothing major, but everything is better. The font changes and the way things work faster is great. I was sure I was going to upgrade the phone to a SIII, now won't do it until SIV come down in price. It does seem faster and I think I am getting better battery usage, but I am not a power user so wouldn't know and I take a spare battery every where I go. I don't like the monster batteries, makes the phone an anchor. I highly recommend updating if you haven't yet. I didn't have many problems updating with Kies, other than I deleted it and had to reinstall on Win7 64. Good luck to all.
    04-06-2013 10:06 AM
    Still enjoying it, but decided to turn off Google Now, battery drain was a bit much.

I turn it on only when traveling out of town now.

04-06-2013 02:25 PM
    Thumbs up, for sure. Only gripe right now is that the clock app crashes whenever I try to set a new alarm. I've tried clearing data, force stop, reboots, but the problem persists. I didn't do a factory reset after the update, maybe that's the fix?
    I've had the same problem, except only when good to the clock through Beautiful Widgets (clicking on time on my home screen). If I go into the Clock app in the app drawer, it won't crash.

I'm very satisfied otherwise. Does anyone know if we got that Smart Stay feature like we were supposed to?

Sent from my pager using the 1990s
    04-06-2013 04:36 PM
    Lovin the Bean.....simply awesome and seemingly night and day difference to me.
    04-06-2013 11:19 PM
    I'm still using GB EK02. Is it worth going to JB? (really)
    Seems like every other update had nothing but issues.
    Its only been out a couple days so I'm wondering is it really worth it yet.
    04-06-2013 11:19 PM
    A few days later I've come up with some things I dislike:

-The screen times out during video viewing on non-mobile sites
    -Pwr+Home is a much harder key combo for me than Pwr+Vol Down, the new combo requires two hands to screenshot
    -The new gallery is laggy and the buttons are inconvenient (they're in the menu rather than on the screen)
    -Photo Editor is watered-down (I loved the old stretch/distort tool!)
    -The widget that allows you to control brightness, screen timeout, Bluetooth, wifi, etc seems to no longer exist
    -Some apps take hours to update, but end up failing anyway (not sure if this is JB's fault)
    -THE SCREEN COMES ON WHEN YOU RECEIVE A TEXT! How was this remotely a good idea?! We have a red notification light for that, we dont need to waste battery on powering on the screen!!! > I wouldn't be pissed if they gave us the option to disable this.
    -Because of the reason above, while texting the battery drains noticeably quicker (15% more over the course of a day)

Don't get me wrong, I love jelly bean, but some stuff was much better in ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-07-2013 06:13 AM
    Still enjoying it, but decided to turn off Google Now, battery drain was a bit much.
    I know... does Now NEED to know where it is all the time? I finally tracked down a means to toggle Google Location Services automatically... thing was throwing wakelocks like they were Mardi Gras beads... slowly sapping it dry while I thought it was sleeping. With that off, I can leave Now on and the drain is gone.

That was my only complaint with JB... some of the new apps were a little overzealous with their battery use when the screen was off. Outside of that, runs great and actually took care of some crashes I had in ICS.
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    04-07-2013 06:56 AM
88 1234