06-20-2013 03:44 PM
88 1234
tools
    yep. mine finally updated. and now, i am having this problem and others. so far, JB is annoying, but i'll see what i can figure out.

i actually think that JB is confusing SD Card storage with USB Storage. baffling.
    04-07-2013 03:22 PM
    Got JB an hour ago and digging it so far. How do you get rid of the little Sprint logo on the lock screen?
    04-07-2013 05:57 PM
    Edit: After having a few days to play around with it(and being lucky enough to not have any bad side affects) I still love it. The google lay out is a lot better compared to ICS and also the default calendar(which I used all the time). Being on Virgin Mobile we got notification of the update April 5th. I was looking around on forums to see if I would have to un-root before downloading officially and couldn't get a straight answer so last night I did it knowing I would be able to "fix" my phone. FYI: IMO kies sucks and I do not recommend using it. After 15min of it trying to recognize my phone I went the Samsung installer route. Worked like a charm! So I fiddled with it for a bit before bed and have been doing the same this morning. So far I'm digging it. The thing that threw me the most is the new keyboard layout. Oh yeah, guess what? I was one of the many that suffered from horrible battery drain (on two different handsets...after deleting almost everything not vital to functionality!) and I can already tell this is waaaaaay better! Praise be to Jelly Bean!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums
    04-08-2013 08:00 AM
    dafever - How were you able to turn off the sound on the camera? I have looked and haven't found the setting to turn it off yet.
    04-08-2013 05:58 PM
    i went back to Gingerbread after running a leaked JB rom for a while. battery has been much better and gps better. Is this worth doing and is there a rooted version yet ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-09-2013 08:46 AM
    I've been liking it enough, but battery life is a little worse and I'm having wifi issues now. I turned off Connection Optimizer but battery life only got marginally better. I may turn off Google Now and see if that does anything. My wifi issue is pretty annoying. It's having trouble connecting to most free wifi hotspots and then once connected shows that it's still connected even after I leave the wifi area. For instance, yesterday I went to a restaurant with wifi and manually connected to it. When I got home, 3 miles away, it showed that I was still connected to the restaurant wifi and signal strength was good. I had to turn off wifi then switch it back on to connect to my home network. And everyday when I get home from work my phone connects to my network then almost immediately reboots. I noticed it did the same thing when I connected to a friends home wifi.
    04-09-2013 09:39 AM
    dafever - How were you able to turn off the sound on the camera? I have looked and haven't found the setting to turn it off yet.
    Check this link:

[MOD][ODIN]Add Camera Shutter Sound Toggle NO ROOT! - xda-developers
    planase likes this.
    04-09-2013 10:17 AM
    A couple of things I've noticed:

I can no longer zoom when recording HD video (1920x1080). But I can zoom if recording at a resolution of 1280x720 or lower. I didn't have this issue with ICS or GB.

When I send a picture to someone via text message, the picture is sent as a slide show, even if it's only one picture. I'd show a screen shot, but I can't get the screen shot function to work
    04-09-2013 10:29 AM
    you can't. its network ID and the only way to get rid of it is to go to an area with no service...or turn off all the radios lol.
    04-09-2013 11:25 AM
    Well almost 48 hours since JB and I'm really digging it. Haven't had any problems and battery seems fine. voice recognition is a lot better (my phone didn't understand my perfrect engrish before for some reason), I like the font, and new differences a lot. I not fond of the alarm being taken out of the digital clock but ClockQ fixed that. I also dig how if you hold (thumb) the lock screen and tilt it it goes straight to camera. Everything seems a lot better to include internet. Was about to chuck this phone and up the $200 to get out of the contract a few weeks ago but Sprint pulled off a hail Mary.
    04-09-2013 01:04 PM
    I've had a few issues with battery drain (assuming a rouge app). Battery gets down to 40% or so, I do a restart to try and kill anything, and the phone restarts with ~5% of battery! I somehow lose that 30%.

But then...over the course of the next 20 or so minutes, my battery life goes UP from 5% to 11% WITHOUT doing anything. Has happened twice now...with a new PINK LED notification too. That was also a surprise.
    04-09-2013 03:20 PM
    I had similar battery issues for the last 2 months and a new battery fixed it. A year old swollen battery was the culprit.
    04-09-2013 04:00 PM
    I like a lot better. It is snappier. Still having battery issues after wiping the phone and I just got a replacement battery from Sprint. If I didn't have a cracked screen I would love my phone more.... ={

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-10-2013 11:34 AM
    @paulhead. Did you figure it out? Pretty sure you have to be rooted, alone with the shutter sound I would like to get rid of. If not let me know.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums
    04-10-2013 05:55 PM

I can no longer zoom when recording HD video (1920x1080). But I can zoom if recording at a resolution of 1280x720 or lower. I didn't have this issue with ICS or GB.

(
    Are you sure about that?

I'm running ICS, stock and not rooted. When I try to zoom in 1080 HD video (with the stock camera app), a message pops up: "Zooming is not supported while recording full HD video."
    04-12-2013 10:19 AM
    Well, I thought I had been in 1080 HD under ICS. Maybe not
    04-15-2013 10:26 AM
    Can we silence the camera now? If so how?
    04-20-2013 01:31 PM
    Quick question for those with it: Can you toggle the airplane mode without rooting? I use this a ton when I'm at work, esp. since I'm right on the edge of signal there. I just got this so I'd like to upgrade before I have a ton of stuff on it.
    04-21-2013 09:29 AM
    Quick question for those with it: Can you toggle the airplane mode without rooting? I use this a ton when I'm at work, esp. since I'm right on the edge of signal there. I just got this so I'd like to upgrade before I have a ton of stuff on it.
    You absolutely can. Airplane mode is a pretty standard feature for just about every Android out there. JB is a good upgrade, enjoy.
    mlebee likes this.
    04-21-2013 12:28 PM
    Well, I've had it on my phone for a week now and I was having shortening battery life. And I have a SEDIO 3200mah battery. The battery is fine. I then remembered that I had to train the phone to the actual capacity of the battery by letting the battery go almost completely dead once or twice. I did this the other night and I am happy to report that battery life is AWESOME compared to all of the other OS I have had on this phone. Presently I am 1d 11hours 55min on the battery with 29% left! This has been using WiFi, gaming, texting, making/taking calls, 3g program updates, etc. I LOVE JB!
    04-21-2013 07:16 PM
    You absolutely can. Airplane mode is a pretty standard feature for just about every Android out there. JB is a good upgrade, enjoy.
    Most awesome. Will do this tomorrow!
    04-21-2013 08:29 PM
    Its decent, but I hate the changes to the notification light, and my wifi no longer connects to my router. I've tried many things to get it to work on wifi, but its all to no avail. Disappointed.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.
    04-21-2013 09:37 PM
    Well after a few weeks I have to say battery life is definitely worse for me, even after a factory reset. The phone itself works fantastic, I love JB......but the battery life is basically such that I always carry a spare battery now. Just no way to get through a full day. I have not yet tried turning off google now, mainly because I do use it. Has anyone turned it off and found a significant bump in battery life? I'd be interested in hearing about that experience.
    04-22-2013 03:42 PM
    I have not yet tried turning off google now, mainly because I do use it. Has anyone turned it off and found a significant bump in battery life? I'd be interested in hearing about that experience.
    20-40% better battery life without it on. I've found with all the stuff (google, email, FB, etc.) on I'm getting half a day if I'm lucky. But closing or turning all the syn stuff off getiing 10-14 hours with medium use.
    04-22-2013 04:21 PM
    I found that our was more a problem with how often Google Now accesses Google Location Services than Google Now itself. If I leave GLS on, the network locator wakelock kicks my phone's ****

Sent from my SCH-I200
    04-22-2013 08:16 PM
88 1234