Hows everybody liking Official Jelly Bean (those who have it)? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Personally I haven't had the time to play around with it much, but from what I have played with, Im lovin it! Jelly bean is finally taking advantage of the power i knew this phone had. everything is snappy, transitions are smooth, even the screen looks better. Feel like i need a day to try out all the new features. What do you guys like/dislike about it?

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am loving it so far, took some time getting things set up as I want them. New lock screen is great, transitions are super smooth even in Nova Launcher. TW looks completely different from ICS (though I had been using the "stock" ICS launcher through Sprint ID for so long I could be wrong about that). Google Now is fantastic, so I am psyched about that on my N7 and GS2 now. Lots of improvements, not seeing any downside. Gallery is way way different. Look around, and it's like a new phone.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this (leaked GB27) stock build for almost a week now, and I am extremely pleased so far. The last ICS OTA (FL24) left my phone auto-rebooting at least once a day, with terrible battery issues, and super-spotty GPS fixes. After apply this update (from scratch), I've not had one auto-reboot, and after installing 80+ apps, I've had zero forced closes. This GB27 Jelly Bean update has definitely breathed new life into my E4GT which I was just about ready to chuck out my window!

WVTip

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Had issues with Kies on my Win7 PC x64 so switched to a Win8 x64 laptop and loaded and connected fine. Update went well with one issue. The Settings process stops and you can't access the settings. Seems if I wait a few it then works. Hope I can find a fix. Everything was saved and everything worked except the Settings issue. Good luck to everyone! Worth the trouble!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

UPDATE - I found that if I turn off Bluetooth I can access Settings and it doesn't crash. Not sure if it's the phone or some app causing this, but it didn't do it before the update. At least I found how to work around for now.

Last edited:

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thumbs up for me. Been running the leaked GB27 for a few weeks and vast improvement over ICS. Battery life is pretty good. Haven't done any "scientific" tests, but imo; Gingerbread's battery life is better. However, I like the enhancements in Jelly Bean, especially Google Now. Also like ability to finally turn off the camera sound. Agree it's breathed new life in this phone.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If someone can help. I have a guy by the name of Arlin on my Android help page on Facebook is having some issues with the update. My page is The Android Goddess on Facebook, any help for her would be appreciated.

~??Holliewood??~

bobbystix

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So far so good but have two issues:
1) seems like handsfree speaker volume is much lower than before
2) when adding apps and moving them to different screens I get getting an error message about touchwiz shutting down

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thumbs up for sure. It's only day two, but I haven't had nay issues so far. The way you add stuff to your screens (folders, etc) is different and takes some getting used to, but that's not a problem

I see HUGE improvements in battery life, even with Plume updating every 30 minutes and about 4 accounts syncing. I love the new notification bar. Overall, Jelly Bean is great.

Sonshyne

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from GB last night and so far I like it. The only problem I have right now is my battery is dead after 2 hours of messaging and testing some of the apps :confused: it lasted much longer before the upgrade.

Vataj

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I love it, very smooth, it also looks much nicer. I am gonna overclock soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
did update late last night....:D I luv it so far because it's snappy fast now.....4G seems to lock in quicker....will have to wait & see bout battery life....I did do a factory reset after update!

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to access our new emoticons? I notice that I can see a lot of iOS emojis when I'm on my twitter app. Since I can see them, there must be a way to type them, correct?

dcb4l77

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all. Seems like I have a new device. Everything works fine and the new features are great. I would suggest updating thru Samsung website instead of kies. Seems like the people who have problems used kies

warchicken

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The update is fantastic except that it wants me to format the phone's internal storage before I can do anything. The My Files app just says SD card not inserted even when my card is in there and whem I try to transfer any data back to the phone it won't load anything over. So it seems anything with the storage and my data access is gone. Anyone else experiencing this?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I did the upgrade this evening and it looks like it took. I'm attaching a screenshot so you might verify for me.

uploadfromtaptalk1364693930397.jpg

I am scratching my head to figure out what is different or new?

Is there a list of what was done?

Thanks!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Two issues I have rn into 1) the volume on the handset while answering or making calls is very very loud and 2) when I dock the phone I no longer get the red led while it is charging or the blue led when fully charged.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solution?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Tyndall, I haven't had either of those issues. In fact, my phone is charging away next to me as I type this and the red light is on. And yesterday, after a full charge, the blue light turned on. What I did notice though, is that the LED doe not stay on once you wake up the phone. As soon as the screen is off again though, the LED turns back on to the appropriate color.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Terrific upgrade IMHO, lots of nice new features and no problems to speak of. Everything also seems a lot smoother and faster. Big kudos to Samsung and Sprint for getting the GS2 up to JB in fairly good time.

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Using a 2005 Dell Latitude D810 (workhorse baby!), XP took me an HOUR to download the "Simple Downloader Tool" and 10 minutes to update my phone to GB27. Great, ***** proof step-by-step instructions. Software is optimizing my apps now. Expecting only the BEST!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo