Hows everybody liking Official Jelly Bean (those who have it)? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few issues with battery drain (assuming a rouge app). Battery gets down to 40% or so, I do a restart to try and kill anything, and the phone restarts with ~5% of battery! I somehow lose that 30%.

But then...over the course of the next 20 or so minutes, my battery life goes UP from 5% to 11% WITHOUT doing anything. Has happened twice now...with a new PINK LED notification too. That was also a surprise.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I had similar battery issues for the last 2 months and a new battery fixed it. A year old swollen battery was the culprit.

scspeedy

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I like a lot better. It is snappier. Still having battery issues after wiping the phone and I just got a replacement battery from Sprint. If I didn't have a cracked screen I would love my phone more.... ={

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
@paulhead. Did you figure it out? Pretty sure you have to be rooted, alone with the shutter sound I would like to get rid of. If not let me know.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums

Tony Android

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer zoom when recording HD video (1920x1080). But I can zoom if recording at a resolution of 1280x720 or lower. I didn't have this issue with ICS or GB.

(

Are you sure about that?

I'm running ICS, stock and not rooted. When I try to zoom in 1080 HD video (with the stock camera app), a message pops up: "Zooming is not supported while recording full HD video."

mlebee

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for those with it: Can you toggle the airplane mode without rooting? I use this a ton when I'm at work, esp. since I'm right on the edge of signal there. I just got this so I'd like to upgrade before I have a ton of stuff on it.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for those with it: Can you toggle the airplane mode without rooting? I use this a ton when I'm at work, esp. since I'm right on the edge of signal there. I just got this so I'd like to upgrade before I have a ton of stuff on it.

You absolutely can. Airplane mode is a pretty standard feature for just about every Android out there. JB is a good upgrade, enjoy. :)

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've had it on my phone for a week now and I was having shortening battery life. And I have a SEDIO 3200mah battery. The battery is fine. I then remembered that I had to train the phone to the actual capacity of the battery by letting the battery go almost completely dead once or twice. I did this the other night and I am happy to report that battery life is AWESOME compared to all of the other OS I have had on this phone. Presently I am 1d 11hours 55min on the battery with 29% left! This has been using WiFi, gaming, texting, making/taking calls, 3g program updates, etc. I LOVE JB!

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Its decent, but I hate the changes to the notification light, and my wifi no longer connects to my router. I've tried many things to get it to work on wifi, but its all to no avail. Disappointed.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well after a few weeks I have to say battery life is definitely worse for me, even after a factory reset. The phone itself works fantastic, I love JB......but the battery life is basically such that I always carry a spare battery now. Just no way to get through a full day. I have not yet tried turning off google now, mainly because I do use it. Has anyone turned it off and found a significant bump in battery life? I'd be interested in hearing about that experience.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I have not yet tried turning off google now, mainly because I do use it. Has anyone turned it off and found a significant bump in battery life? I'd be interested in hearing about that experience.
20-40% better battery life without it on. I've found with all the stuff (google, email, FB, etc.) on I'm getting half a day if I'm lucky. But closing or turning all the syn stuff off getiing 10-14 hours with medium use.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I found that our was more a problem with how often Google Now accesses Google Location Services than Google Now itself. If I leave GLS on, the network locator wakelock kicks my phone's ****

Sent from my SCH-I200

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I just today switched to this phone and I'm about to give this a shot. My previous phone was already on JB so I'm excited to have it back. Working on the update now.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's done. Massive improvement from what I can tell. So far I have no complaints and I am absolutely loving it.

Sent from my S2 Ep-touch

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So is the only way to take a screen shot now to press the power and home button? That's pretty counter productive compared to the power and volume down. Requires 2 hands now. And no palm swipe to take a screen shot either. Bummer. :(

Sent from my S2 Ep-Touch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12