06-20-2013 03:44 PM
88 123 ...
tools
    Personally I haven't had the time to play around with it much, but from what I have played with, Im lovin it! Jelly bean is finally taking advantage of the power i knew this phone had. everything is snappy, transitions are smooth, even the screen looks better. Feel like i need a day to try out all the new features. What do you guys like/dislike about it?
    03-29-2013 02:11 PM
    I am loving it so far, took some time getting things set up as I want them. New lock screen is great, transitions are super smooth even in Nova Launcher. TW looks completely different from ICS (though I had been using the "stock" ICS launcher through Sprint ID for so long I could be wrong about that). Google Now is fantastic, so I am psyched about that on my N7 and GS2 now. Lots of improvements, not seeing any downside. Gallery is way way different. Look around, and it's like a new phone.
    03-29-2013 02:48 PM
    So far, so good. I'm running it with Apex Launcher and trying to tweak everything to my satisfaction.
    03-29-2013 02:54 PM
    I've been running this (leaked GB27) stock build for almost a week now, and I am extremely pleased so far. The last ICS OTA (FL24) left my phone auto-rebooting at least once a day, with terrible battery issues, and super-spotty GPS fixes. After apply this update (from scratch), I've not had one auto-reboot, and after installing 80+ apps, I've had zero forced closes. This GB27 Jelly Bean update has definitely breathed new life into my E4GT which I was just about ready to chuck out my window!
    03-29-2013 06:56 PM
    Had issues with Kies on my Win7 PC x64 so switched to a Win8 x64 laptop and loaded and connected fine. Update went well with one issue. The Settings process stops and you can't access the settings. Seems if I wait a few it then works. Hope I can find a fix. Everything was saved and everything worked except the Settings issue. Good luck to everyone! Worth the trouble!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

UPDATE - I found that if I turn off Bluetooth I can access Settings and it doesn't crash. Not sure if it's the phone or some app causing this, but it didn't do it before the update. At least I found how to work around for now.
    03-29-2013 08:32 PM
    Thumbs up for me. Been running the leaked GB27 for a few weeks and vast improvement over ICS. Battery life is pretty good. Haven't done any "scientific" tests, but imo; Gingerbread's battery life is better. However, I like the enhancements in Jelly Bean, especially Google Now. Also like ability to finally turn off the camera sound. Agree it's breathed new life in this phone.
    03-29-2013 11:06 PM
    If someone can help. I have a guy by the name of Arlin on my Android help page on Facebook is having some issues with the update. My page is The Android Goddess on Facebook, any help for her would be appreciated.

~Holliewood~
    03-30-2013 12:13 AM
    So far so good but have two issues:
    1) seems like handsfree speaker volume is much lower than before
    2) when adding apps and moving them to different screens I get getting an error message about touchwiz shutting down
    03-30-2013 11:43 AM
    Thumbs up for sure. It's only day two, but I haven't had nay issues so far. The way you add stuff to your screens (folders, etc) is different and takes some getting used to, but that's not a problem

I see HUGE improvements in battery life, even with Plume updating every 30 minutes and about 4 accounts syncing. I love the new notification bar. Overall, Jelly Bean is great.
    03-30-2013 11:59 AM
    I upgraded from GB last night and so far I like it. The only problem I have right now is my battery is dead after 2 hours of messaging and testing some of the apps it lasted much longer before the upgrade.
    03-30-2013 12:39 PM
    I love it, very smooth, it also looks much nicer. I am gonna overclock soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    03-30-2013 12:45 PM
    did update late last night.... I luv it so far because it's snappy fast now.....4G seems to lock in quicker....will have to wait & see bout battery life....I did do a factory reset after update!
    03-30-2013 01:14 PM
    Does anyone know how to access our new emoticons? I notice that I can see a lot of iOS emojis when I'm on my twitter app. Since I can see them, there must be a way to type them, correct?
    03-30-2013 03:02 PM
    I haven't had any issues at all. Seems like I have a new device. Everything works fine and the new features are great. I would suggest updating thru Samsung website instead of kies. Seems like the people who have problems used kies
    03-30-2013 07:24 PM
    The update is fantastic except that it wants me to format the phone's internal storage before I can do anything. The My Files app just says SD card not inserted even when my card is in there and whem I try to transfer any data back to the phone it won't load anything over. So it seems anything with the storage and my data access is gone. Anyone else experiencing this?
    03-30-2013 08:04 PM
    Hi,

I did the upgrade this evening and it looks like it took. I'm attaching a screenshot so you might verify for me.

Hows everybody liking Official Jelly Bean (those who have it)? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?-uploadfromtaptalk1364693930397.jpg

I am scratching my head to figure out what is different or new?

Is there a list of what was done?

Thanks!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk
    03-30-2013 08:39 PM
    Two issues I have rn into 1) the volume on the handset while answering or making calls is very very loud and 2) when I dock the phone I no longer get the red led while it is charging or the blue led when fully charged.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solution?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Surj138 likes this.
    03-31-2013 11:18 AM
    Tyndall, I haven't had either of those issues. In fact, my phone is charging away next to me as I type this and the red light is on. And yesterday, after a full charge, the blue light turned on. What I did notice though, is that the LED doe not stay on once you wake up the phone. As soon as the screen is off again though, the LED turns back on to the appropriate color.
    03-31-2013 03:01 PM
    Terrific upgrade IMHO, lots of nice new features and no problems to speak of. Everything also seems a lot smoother and faster. Big kudos to Samsung and Sprint for getting the GS2 up to JB in fairly good time.
    03-31-2013 04:53 PM
    Using a 2005 Dell Latitude D810 (workhorse baby!), XP took me an HOUR to download the "Simple Downloader Tool" and 10 minutes to update my phone to GB27. Great, ***** proof step-by-step instructions. Software is optimizing my apps now. Expecting only the BEST!
    03-31-2013 05:18 PM
    Update went well with one issue. The Settings process stops and you can't access the settings.
    Ditto on the Settings process stopping. Haven't tried your work around yet as I'm listening to music via Bluetooth. Music was louder and richer. Running Next Launcher and had to reinstall bw and digital clock widgets. No real issues.
    03-31-2013 05:58 PM
    Bluetooth definitely stops Settings. When I turned off Bluetooth, Settings worked fine (WVTip's workaround). But as soon as Bluetooth was re-engaged, Settings stopped. That's gotta be a minor fix.
    03-31-2013 06:54 PM
    So I've been running this since Thursday night. Yesterday I had to factory reset because my phone kept locking up and needing on some occasions to have the battery pulled. I have 2 batteries and tried both in case one of them is tanking, both are not swelling especially since one is new this year. So far, Factory reset hasn't fixed it. I have moments where it is locking up and I only loaded core apps and ones I didn't have installed before (Chomp SMS instead of GO SMS), still issues. I do notice my phone is getting hot so I might be taking a trip to Best Buy.

*EDIT* Also my menu still is not staying up on Google Now after the factory reset.
    04-01-2013 10:31 AM
    So I've been running this since Thursday night. Yesterday I had to factory reset because my phone kept locking up and needing on some occasions to have the battery pulled. I have 2 batteries and tried both in case one of them is tanking, both are not swelling especially since one is new this year. So far, Factory reset hasn't fixed it. I have moments where it is locking up and I only loaded core apps and ones I didn't have installed before (Chomp SMS instead of GO SMS), still issues. I do notice my phone is getting hot so I might be taking a trip to Best Buy.

*EDIT* Also my menu still is not staying up on Google Now after the factory reset.
    The Google Now is a bug or glitch it dose it on my Galaxy Note 2, I have yet to update my buddies gs2 ill try again tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    04-01-2013 11:57 AM
    Did the update to my wife's S2 the other day its seems a lot smoother and she likes the new features but her battery life seems to be worse than on GB. Although it seems to be better every day so I think its starting to settle in. Nice upgrade though!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    04-01-2013 12:04 PM
88 123 ...