Dads question to me...

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So my dad heard about the JB update and asked me if he can actually be able to have a better time picking up the weak WiMax here since Sprint did some work to one of their towers and now its picked up by the phones (finally!) but was hoping with the new update that the radio is some how "stronger" [as he put it] so he can get better WiMax to his phone. So with that said, has anyone noticed a WiMax, 3G radio boost?

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I live in Arizona and the reception is terrible here. We have no 4g and WiMAX sucks, called Sprint and got a radio booster for free now I have full bars. I guess they are not always free but it's with having them look into it. When we moved to our new place and I saw that we had one bar to no bars reception, I couldn't have that.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
It's to bad they don't make a Wimax version of it. Least far as i know they don't. Would be super if they did. Coverage for my house isn't bad 98% of the time, it's just my schools building and work that kills me
I live in Arizona and the reception is terrible here. We have no 4g and WiMAX sucks, called Sprint and got a radio booster for free now I have full bars. I guess they are not always free but it's with having them look into it. When we moved to our new place and I saw that we had one bar to no bars reception, I couldn't have that.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
So my dad heard about the JB update and asked me if he can actually be able to have a better time picking up the weak WiMax here since Sprint did some work to one of their towers and now its picked up by the phones (finally!) but was hoping with the new update that the radio is some how "stronger" [as he put it] so he can get better WiMax to his phone. So with that said, has anyone noticed a WiMax, 3G radio boost?

Go to xda forums, look in the epic 4g touch general forum. There is a thread there called full wimax, it will have all the instructions needed to "boost" your wimax signal. You don't need to be rooted, but you will need your msl which you can get either from sprint or search those forums for how to find it:beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I will give this a go as soon as I can get a hold of his phone!
I'm guessing its this one? Full WiMax Settings - xda-developers
Go to xda forums, look in the epic 4g touch general forum. There is a thread there called full wimax, it will have all the instructions needed to "boost" your wimax signal. You don't need to be rooted, but you will need your msl which you can get either from sprint or search those forums for how to find it:beer:

Last edited:

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
OK, they've changed the method since I last did it. For that method you need root.
If you have your msl try this instead.
Open dialer and input ##data# (##3282#)
Select view,
Select wimax,
Input msl,
Then input the values listed here

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Darn, my dad doesn't want to root his phone, least yet anyways. Those are the things that I've change. Now just to test and see if it will pick it up/will get better Wimax. Its kinda spotty in my house
OK, they've changed the method since I last did it. For that method you need root.
If you have your msl try this instead.
Open dialer and input ##data# (##3282#)
Select view,
Select wimax,
Input msl,
Then input the values listed here

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the app thats in the zip. At least not until you GIS decide to root.
The other method I linked to withdraw great in my area and I live in one of the most under developed states in the US

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy