12-14-2013 10:37 AM
61 123
tools
    all complaining about jelly bean please note , I faced same but now it is perfect! -I only changed from screen the active widgets ..I still have 6 screens but with no active and that has done a lot , now I dont have reason to complain .
    Good information, thanks for sharing!
    07-08-2013 11:05 AM
    I too installed the jellybean 4.1.2 on my sprint samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch. My battery was dead in 3 hours ! Whoa ! I couldn't believe it. After 2 days of googling the problem without the solution, IT'S FIXED ! - So far, so good. Before I applied my fix the battery was at 50%, AFTER THE FIX, MY BATTERY CLIMBED TO 55% WITHOUT EVEN PLUGGING IT IN !!!
    Here's what I did. I went to settings, then to activate this device (at the bottom), I then clicked on power configuration and noticed that my data roaming was totally red (massive power drain), which you only need when you're outside the Sprint coverage area (I was at home and didn't need it, so I turned it off and my battery went up to 55% without even plugging it in !!!!!!!!!!!! Try it out and let me know if this fixes the power drain problem on your Galaxy Epic 4G Touch. email me at [email address removed]. Thanks, hope this helps.
    07-09-2013 12:33 PM
    Where is a good place to get new battery for a Samsung Epic S2 (Sprint) without paying a ziilion bucks? I have had my phone for well over a year (maybe 2) and I'm betting I'm needing a new battery based on what I'm reading here.
    I'm running JB 4.1.2 and yes, have noticed battery drain and it won't charge when connected by USB cable in our car. Really??
    I wish I could turn all the Sprint apps, but there isn't a way. :-(
    Annoying.
    Thanks you!
    07-19-2013 12:05 PM
    Where is a good place to get new battery for a Samsung Epic S2 (Sprint) without paying a ziilion bucks? I have had my phone for well over a year (maybe 2) and I'm betting I'm needing a new battery based on what I'm reading here.
    I'm running JB 4.1.2 and yes, have noticed battery drain and it won't charge when connected by USB cable in our car. Really??
    I wish I could turn all the Sprint apps, but there isn't a way. :-(
    Annoying.
    Thanks you!
    Here's a link to the eBay Seller from whom I purchased my Samsung E4GT battery back in April. Their price has gone up a bit, but it's still under $20. You can find cheaper ones on eBay and Amazon, but I can't assure the quality (as many are reported as being refurbished). The battery I received from this vendor appeared to be factory fresh and has been working like a charm. My battery stats report 21+ Hours of average run time.

New EB625152VA Battery Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 s II 2 Epic 4G Touch D710 | eBay

As for not charging via USB in the car... Make sure you are using a good quality power adapter in your lighter socket. Many cheap ones don't provide enough amperage to charge the unit fast enough as compared to battery drain being caused by GPS, Streaming Music apps, etc...

You can get rid of all the Sprint Bloatware, but you'd have to root the phone. I did it with the Odin One-Click method (my first try at rooting any phone) and it was super-simple... thrilled I did it and have never looked back!

Hope this info helps and I wish you the best of luck!
    07-19-2013 04:36 PM

Yes, I'm having the same problem!! I have the same phone and did the upgrade the same night it was available. Since then my battery has been awful, about 4 hrs max and 2 & half hrs with heavy usage. I tried messing with screen display and power saving mode but nothing works. There are some nice features on 4.1 but I absolutely hate the keyboard and wish you didn't have to use swype. I actually thought this upgrade would be good since I have 4.1 jellybean on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, I was wrong.
    07-26-2013 02:50 PM
    I had the same problem.the problem seems to be with the launcher. Try replacing your
    Launcher with go launcher. This should help with your battery life
    07-29-2013 05:22 PM
    hi,
    This is Faisal Hussaini and i have Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 in which i m facing battery drain problem as without using the phone even if the power saving mode is on the battery level goes down every quickly. I have tried many battery saver application but still face the same problem, please revert on my email if you have any solution for the same.
    Email ID :- [email address removed]
    08-18-2013 11:07 AM
    Hi,

I've also had this huge battery drain issue since Jelly Bean and yesturday I figured out a way to fix it.

My problem was, that I skipped Samsung Account at initialization after factory reset. I've done dozens of factory resets and noticed, that something at init was the reason for the battery drain, since sometimes the drain was gone.

Before adding Samsung account, my battery lasted for ~16 hours. Now it has been on for 16 hours and I still have 75% battery left.

So, since I skipped Samsung account login at phone initialization, I added it by logging into "Samsung Apps". I also updated several Samsung apps that "Samsung apps" suggested.
    08-19-2013 07:59 AM
    Open Google Now > Click Menu and select Settings > Click Google Now > On top right you will have the option to turn off Google Now.
    where do i find Google Now at
    09-17-2013 08:56 AM
    I didn't read the entirety of this thread, so I am not sure if my solution has already been mentioned, but if not here is my solution.

I drove to the retailer who I got my Samsung Galaxy SII phone from, and explained my problem. Immediately the associate held down the "home" symbol at the bottom of the phone, which brought up a window showing all open/running programs. These programs do not show up in the top bar of the phone where "open" programs typically show up. There were about a dozen (or more!) programs that were running in the background which had absolutely drained my battery (and I hadn't even used my phone today). Once she cleared these background-running programs, my phone finally started to charge. Previously it would take about 20 minutes to charge 1-2% of its battery life.

She advised that programs that require a username & password log in can also drain the battery -- although I think that's not the real problem here -- so to log out each time I am finished using said programs (Facebook, etc.).

I am not sure if this will be a forever fix, but I'm going to give it a go. Hope this helps!
    11-25-2013 07:07 PM
    Hello,

The main cause of battery drain in Jelly bean is the new 'Google Now'.
    Turn it off.You will find a on/off slider in settings.
    Also,enable all the four options under 'Power Saving' before enabling it.
    Thirdly,install the app 'PowerMax' from Play Store and activate it.Its darned good in saving battery consumption.
    I have a Galaxy Note which started having massive consumption of battery (draining in under 5 hours) since I updated to Jellybean.
    After the above steps,its back to 8-8.5 hours -what I used to get on ICS.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks disabling Google Now fixed the excessive battery drain and the hotness. It usually discharges even whiles am charging it with minimal use. Everything seem ok now. Thanks
    12-14-2013 10:37 AM
61 123