Yesterday I updated to GB27 and so far so good. Very quick, lots of neat new features.

I just have 2 tiny issues.

1.) It seems the notification bar is dimmed, and it's hard to read the clock, battery... everything else on the top of the screen. Does anyone know of a way to brighten this up without changing the overall screen brightness? ( I keep mine very low to save battery)

2.) Kies Air is gone on the phone. Isn't this a default app? How do I go about getting it back?

Any help is appreciated.
    04-03-2013 08:09 AM
    Kies Air --> Go to Settings > More Settings > Kies via Wi-Fi
    04-03-2013 10:42 AM
    Re: #1 -- I noticed that it was dimmer, too, but I don't know if it's changeable.

Does it seem to anyone else that the auto-brightness also runs the screen dimmer than before, too?
    04-03-2013 01:37 PM
    Yeah I noticed the same behavior. In fact it was so dark that I just manually changed my brightness and left auto unchecked.
    04-03-2013 01:45 PM
    Re: #1 -- I noticed that it was dimmer, too, but I don't know if it's changeable.

Does it seem to anyone else that the auto-brightness also runs the screen dimmer than before, too?
    I believe the Notification area has been dimmed by design in this build in order to reduce user complaints regarding obtrusive persistent notification icons that are associated with many apps. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think that's the reason.

As for the overall screen brightness... I totally agree that the Auto-Brightness mode makes the display significantly dimmer in Jelly Bean that it ran on ICS or GB in Auto mode. I also think the Max screen brightness has been reduced a bit, as well. I certainly don't know for sure, but my guess here is this change was employed as a method to squeeze a little bit more/better battery time out of the E4GT, as screen brightness is the biggest "Voltage Vampire" in this phone!
    04-05-2013 04:14 PM