Sprint Zone Notification Regarding Jelly Bean 4.2 Update

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I received a notification today from the Sprint Zone regarding an update to JB 4.2. Has anyone else received this notification? There were some installation instructions highlighted but I figured I could get to them later and proceeded to clear the notification. I have spent the past 30 minutes on line looking for any posts but I haven't come across any. Even the Samsung and Sprint websites don't say (at least I haven't seen them) anything about JB 4.2.

Anyone got any ideas??

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I received a notification today from the Sprint Zone regarding an update to JB 4.2. Has anyone else received this notification? There were some installation instructions highlighted but I figured I could get to them later and proceeded to clear the notification. I have spent the past 30 minutes on line looking for any posts but I haven't come across any. Even the Samsung and Sprint websites don't say (at least I haven't seen them) anything about JB 4.2.

Anyone got any ideas??

i got this message too. funny thing is that it says 4.2 yet the version is still GB27 (4.1.2). Looks like it was just a typo

jrj

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I received the same message last night regarding upgrading to 4.2 GB27. I already have 4.1.2 GB27. Of course now I can't find it.

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the update as well, but was in such a hurry when I originally saw it I didn't even read it. To be honest though I really think the 4.1 update was the last hurrah for the Sprint Epic 4G touch. But if they decided to grace us with another update, I won't decline it.

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow I would be amazed if you guys got 4.2 on the s2 before the s3 does. I understand samsung wants to support all of their former flagship and currently t ones equally, but yours is the older device. Still it would be very nice to see samsung standby all their devices.

As per the notification in sprint zone, did you try wiping it's cache, then data both from the application manager, and rebooting. That may fix the ghost message.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So is this definitely 'just' 4.1.2? I've been running rooted JB (GB27) for months now and just got the upgrade message from Sprint. Probably just going to ignore it here, I think.

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Just popped up on my phone. I opened up the same link on my desktop and clicked the links on the Sprint site, which further takes you to the Samsung site. But after that, I don't see anu new downloads other than the old Jelly Bean update from months ago.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I got this notification as well but I think it's likely just a typo. If it were the real update we would be getting it and seeing 4.2 and it would also be on the front page of AC right?

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it was a typo or error my friends. The GS2 E4GT won't be getting any more massive Android updates, as Sprint and Samsung already said before. So basically, the phone is at or near EOL status.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Anyone got any ideas??

I just got this today 7/17/2013 at about 11am eastern time.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk