Phone recently got SLOW

kimdushinski

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy SII got really slow and intermittently hot starting about a week ago. I had not upgraded yet to FL24 but did after that. I have pulled the battery a couple different times. There are times when the phone seems OK, but not for long. It even charges really slow.

Any ideas what I can try to do to fix my phone?

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Take the phone into a Corporate Sprint Store.....Have the tech take a look at it....they may give you a new battery....I had same issue when I first got my SG2....Sprint tech ordered me a new battery and I didn't have to pay for it.....same thing happened to my moms phone and got a free battery as well.....Jelly Bean operating system is now a option for you....you can wait for OTA update or do it yourself through Samsung support page....

kimdushinski

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have now gone to Best Buy and Sprint (not a repair store) and was told by the BB guy to close down my apps. The Sprint guy said phones are computers and they just go slower over time. NOT HELPFUL!

Let me try again with more specific symptoms and see if the verdict from you guys (who know way more) is more helpful.

The battery runs really hot intermittently.
The phone charges really slow.
Typing is painfully slow...but only sometimes. Battery is usually hot at the time.
The screen doesn't turn on right away when the phone rings.

These things started last week before I updated to FL24. Updating didn't change anything.
I have a new replacement battery from Best Buy. Maybe two-three months old.
Restarting or pulling the battery seems to fix things but very temporarily.

My two best guesses are a bad battery or needing to do a factory reset. What do you think?

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps both. I upgraded to Jelly Bean via the Kies update. My phone was laggy and stalling. I did a factory reset and it is like a new phone. Love it.

My first battery lasted just over a year. So, you may also need a new one. Back up your data, do the factory reset. I would also recommend getting the Jelly Bean Update. It's slick and fast.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
regarding Batteries: make sure, if buying online, that the battery isn't old....it could have been sitting in a warehouse for 2 years. My most recent battery was purchased at Battery Warehouse in my hometown. It's 1800 mAh, but outperforms an OEM 1800 mAh battery I recently purchased by 50% easily!! Replacing my battery made a HUGE difference in performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair