I did some searching and found one possible solution to why my WIFI keeps turning itself on all the time, but did not see anyone mention these issues with the new Jelly bean update:

one piece of FYI, after updating to Jelly bean GB27, i did a factory reset. I currently do not have ANY additional apps on the phone, so we are talking a bone stock set up here.

1). Even though I have haptic feedback "unchecked" i still feel the vibrator buzzing with every key stroke along with the "sound" which is also turned off.

2). The notification i set for GMAIL works like a champ, but my earthlink email notification sound always reverts back to that silly bicycle bell sound and the settings will even show the one I intended for it to be.

I was thinking of doing a factor reset again and see if that helps, not even sure if doing it again makes a difference. BTW, i did not select clear USB when i did the reset. I think forums are a great way to exchange ideas and is a great way to learn more about my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can pass on.
    04-11-2013 08:53 PM
    I did some searching and found one possible solution to why my WIFI keeps turning itself on all the time, but did not see anyone mention these issues with the new Jelly bean update:

one piece of FYI, after updating to Jelly bean GB27, i did a factory reset. I currently do not have ANY additional apps on the phone, so we are talking a bone stock set up here.

1). Even though I have haptic feedback "unchecked" i still feel the vibrator buzzing with every key stroke along with the "sound" which is also turned off.

2). The notification i set for GMAIL works like a champ, but my earthlink email notification sound always reverts back to that silly bicycle bell sound and the settings will even show the one I intended for it to be.

I was thinking of doing a factor reset again and see if that helps, not even sure if doing it again makes a difference. BTW, i did not select clear USB when i did the reset. I think forums are a great way to exchange ideas and is a great way to learn more about my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can pass on.
    1. Go into Settings>Sound>Vibration Intensity> turn haptic all the way down.

2. Did you go into the Settings under the Earthlink app? My Yahoo mail app ignores general notification settings and I have to go into Yahoo itself to change it.

3. Clearing the USB...That may help...I am not totally sure. You can also try powering down and then rebooting into recovery, and wiping the phones cache. See if that helps.
    04-11-2013 10:10 PM
    Well, i discovered that under setting mode for email i had to select notification sound under "general" as well as under the email account.

The suggestion to turn haptic all the way down under vibration intensity worked (but i feel this is a weak way to "FIX" the problem.) because the tone is still there.
    04-13-2013 08:10 PM
    I noticed in the last few days the same thing about the keypad sound even though I have it turned off in the Sounds setting. I've been using the leaked version of GB27 for a month or so now and could've sworn I wasn't having this issue up until the last couple of days.
    04-22-2013 12:48 PM
    Figured out why I was getting the keytone sound. It was turned on under Swype's settings.
    04-24-2013 03:16 PM