Tethering with GB27?

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from FL16 for GB27. So far I have seen a good battery improvement on GB27.

Only thing is, tethering doesn't work on GB27. I have tried the Sprint Hotspot app as well as wifi tether for root. Neither work.

On FL16 the Sprint Hotspot worked OOB.

Is there any working wifi tether apps for GB27?

I would hate to have to flash back to FL16 since my battery life is better on GB27, but I need a working wifi tether.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from FL16 for GB27. So far I have seen a good battery improvement on GB27.

Only thing is, tethering doesn't work on GB27. I have tried the Sprint Hotspot app as well as wifi tether for root. Neither work.

On FL16 the Sprint Hotspot worked OOB.

Is there any working wifi tether apps for GB27?

I would hate to have to flash back to FL16 since my battery life is better on GB27, but I need a working wifi tether.

I haven't found a fix myself that doesn't include flashing a custom ROM. Sprint seems to be quietly moving away from tethering devices except via wifi (which you pay for). Now, I love Sprint, and won't leave unless they do something really dumb, but as my E4GT is not my main phone, and I have a tether on my custom ROM, it's not a big deal to me. Have you tried searching for FoxFi? It won't be on Play, you will have to download the APK file and sideload it (Load to external SD card and then load to phone), you will need to go to Settings>Security>and check unknown sources. Then install.
The last I knew, the developers at FoxFi were having a hard time getting around Sprint's coding to enable wifi tethering.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi still doesn't work, as I have it. PDANet does work if you can hook to a USB cable to a PC. I'd like to tether to our N7, but still haven't found a way on GB27. :( My wife has stayed on Gingerbread for this very reason, but I like the updates on JB too much.

John Papagni

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I found a fix for the tether to work running GB27 -- 1ST Uninstall all tether apps - 2ND download this file: WiFi Tether-TrevE Mod-3.3-pre2 - Download - 4shared -- 3RD once downloaded and installed go to this site and it will walk you though how to set the correct settings. Then you are all set. IT WORKS GREAT How to Wifi Tether ANY Rooted Android Smartphone or Tablet! [Universal Guide] | HighOnAndroid.com

I hope it works for you -

:D:D:D:D:D

This is for a rooted phone...he's looking for something for non-rooted.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix for the tether to work running GB27 -- 1ST Uninstall all tether apps - 2ND download this file: WiFi Tether-TrevE Mod-3.3-pre2 - Download - 4shared -- 3RD once downloaded and installed go to this site and it will walk you though how to set the correct settings. Then you are all set. IT WORKS GREAT How to Wifi Tether ANY Rooted Android Smartphone or Tablet! [Universal Guide] | HighOnAndroid.com

I hope it works for you -

:D:D:D:D:D

I ended up doing this myself the other day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams