01-19-2015 05:42 AM
32 12
tools
    Yep, am searching for help and read all the links, however something new for everyone. My phone has this awful snage but only seems to do it when the charger lead was been connected all night.

Does not make any sense but who knows?
    10-22-2013 08:54 AM
    I am also having this problem, i know it is several months after original post. Stock alarm, stock, ringtones, the alarm simply stops immediately after starting, or sometimes fails all together.
    10-31-2013 07:25 PM
    I have the same problem on my Samsung Tablet. I found that the "voice control" setting was on and switched off.. It seems to work for now, only time will tell...
    11-27-2013 08:39 AM
    I've got a Samsung S4 Active through AT&T and am having the same problem. It plays through once or twice then stops, about 30 seconds total. Not cool Samsung, I've got places to be. I checked the alarm tones without using the alarm, like when you just sample the tones. I just let them play this way and they looped just fine. The would have played all day if I'd let them. So, my point is that it's something with the alarm and not the sounds themselves if that means anything. No amount of fiddling with the snooze times helped either. I'll be downloading a 3rd party app or using my 20 year old clock radio.
    12-03-2013 12:47 PM
    I may be beating a dead horse here but this has happened to me several times over the years,today was the latest event. Over the last few years I have googled the problem and read countless threads about it. I'd like to share a fix that may OR may not work.

I have the voice command for alarm enabled. I disabled it and tested it several times and the alarm has worked perfectly. By no means is this the "end all, be all' answer but if several of us test it with good results maybe this problem is solved. While this issue seems to be very random (at times) this may not solve it. It is important that we post our results back because this is a very common problem.

This issue shouldn't be happening but it doesn,t look like it is getting fixed by Samsung.
    02-04-2014 08:37 AM
    Hi all, looks like it's been a while since anyone has posted on this but doesn't mean the problem has gone away!

Me and my girlfriend are both using GalaxyS2's, one supplied in France (hers) and mine that came from the UK. She does not update her op sys and still on GB, mine is updated whenever the phone crashes big style as noticed before that op sys update can end up wiping half your installed progs. As such I have tried GB, ICS and now on JB 4.1.2. Both phones still do and have always done the intermittent alarm silencing thing at random with the stock clock prog. Sometimes it can be months of working fine then will suddenly start playing up, mine just did it again this morn. The screen lights up and sometimes starts the alarm for about a second while other times it just silences itself straight away, but in all cases, when I have noticed it happen the screen does wake up. Best bet is to set multiple snoozes so it can have multiple tries, but its not right that this problem still exists after all this time, come on Samsung, though I think they will blame Android and visa versa. As it is we have got used to setting both phones, with multiple snoozes, if there is something important we have to do. If either one goes off we are concious of where and what the state of the other one is so sure its not just a case of phone accidentally being silenced in pocket or missed, it's a real problem so fix it you guys.
    01-19-2015 05:23 AM
    Just a thought, anyone experiencing this problem have Waze, Viber, BBC news or Skype installed, there the only non stock programs we have always both had since day dot. Sure that some of you having this problem will have them but one swallow doesn't make a summer, need to hear from people who have probs without them in too to eliminate possible cause.
    01-19-2015 05:42 AM
32 12