Why do apps run when there is no need for them to run?
    My phone says the redbox app is running but I don't have redbox showing up in my tasks?
    Why is that I can exit all active applications in the task manager but many apps still show up in the stupid card list of apps that are supposedly still opened?
    Android just seems to be convoluted compared to IOS and WebOS.
    redhdgirl417 likes this.
    04-23-2013 01:58 PM
    Why do apps run when there is no need for them to run?
    My phone says the redbox app is running but I don't have redbox showing up in my tasks?
    Why is that I can exit all active applications in the task manager but many apps still show up in the stupid card list of apps that are supposedly still opened?
    Android just seems to be convoluted compared to IOS and WebOS.
    They are not running Android is a linux based system , so where as in other systems you want more free ram on android unused ram is wasted ram. Android system caches these applications so they are ready to go, they are not running in the background. Its a different way of working things, if all platforms worked the same then they would all be.... the same.

Here is a great article that may help you out Help! Linux ate my RAM!
    04-23-2013 08:03 PM
    They are not running Android is a linux based system , so where as in other systems you want more free ram on android unused ram is wasted ram. Android system caches these applications so they are ready to go, they are not running in the background. Its a different way of working things, if all platforms worked the same then they would all be.... the same.

Here is a great article that may help you out Help! Linux ate my RAM!
    That was helpful, thanks! But if I go into Settings > Applications > Running there are apps that I barely use. If I force stop them, they come right back a few minutes later. Is this the same thing and if so, why do only certain apps do it?
    04-23-2013 09:48 PM
    That was helpful, thanks! But if I go into Settings > Applications > Running there are apps that I barely use. If I force stop them, they come right back a few minutes later. Is this the same thing and if so, why do only certain apps do it?
    Yeah same thing. Android prioritizes apps also some of those apps may be sharing resources with other higher priority applications . Force closing them actually forces your system to work harder. Only apps that you should worry about closing are apps designed to work in the background such as navi,music apps or widgets

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Tsukiyomi likes this.
    04-23-2013 11:05 PM