Update Problem: android firmware update 4.1 using Kies on Mac 10.5.8

jhow2319

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new here & apologize for posting a question that I'm sure you've seen numerous times but I need some help. I'm attempting to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy epic 4g touch using Kies. I keep receiving the infinite update loop. After a couple of hours reading on different forums I decided to come here. I'm on a Mac 10.5.8 if that has anything to do with the problem. I've downloaded kies version 2.0.0.13023,my device is not rooted. Looking forward to any suggestions! I attempted to re download it, now I can't connect to kies. This software is a hassle.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new here & apologize for posting a question that I'm sure you've seen numerous times but I need some help. I'm attempting to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy epic 4g touch using Kies. I keep receiving the infinite update loop. After a couple of hours reading on different forums I decided to come here. I'm on a Mac 10.5.8 if that has anything to do with the problem. I've downloaded kies version 2.0.0.13023,my device is not rooted. Looking forward to any suggestions! I attempted to re download it, now I can't connect to kies. This software is a hassle.

Kies is pretty hit and miss when it comes to updating your phone through it. You best bet would be to find the zip file you need and flash it through recovery. You can search rwilco repository. there are a lot of stock ROM files that you can download. Best thing to do is download and place on an SD card, the as I said, install through recovery.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall Kies, reboot the computer, reboot the phone, re-install Kies then connect and try again.

If still no go, then you can go the route of downloading Odin and the appropriate file/package to flash the update to the device. The only problem is that Odin is useable with a Windows PC only. Heimdall works well for Macs but is not as straight forwards as Odin (in my opinion) so there may be more room for user error if you are not familiar with the program. Good luck.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
On my iMac (10.7.5) the Kies update never started the first time I tried it but it may have been because I had unchecked the option to transmit my computer's IP and other info to Samsung. When I tried it again after agreeing to this, it worked, though it was really slow - took more than an hour to download and update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke