07-17-2013 09:10 PM
32 12
tools
    @ paulhead

Sounds great, and I'm sure it is nice to finally get what you pay for.

I'm with Ting and my usual bill is $11 per month. Usually 0MB data because I use Wi-Fi only, and zero texts because I hate text.

Last month, they changed my billing practice to pay for what you used the previous month, instead of paying for what you think you will use the next month.

The result was my bill for 88 voice minutes was -$2.60 (a $2.60 credit against next month's $11).
    kchannel9 likes this.
    07-06-2013 01:55 PM
    Go to settings, then system update, and then click on update firmware.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    As I just learned myself, some custom ROMs will not allow you to run the Sprint updates.
    07-06-2013 02:25 PM
    If you're willing and able to flash a custom ROM you can definitely get a Jellybean based version of the OS running on this phone, but even without doing so it runs great out of the box.
    I would just like to point out that you do not need to root and run a ROM in order to have JB on this phone. It was released earlier this year and can be downloaded directly from the Samsung website, or updated via Kies, or by taking it to a Sprint store and having them apply it for you.
    kchannel9 likes this.
    07-06-2013 05:49 PM
    I would just like to point out that you do not need to root and run a ROM in order to have JB on this phone. It was released earlier this year and can be downloaded directly from the Samsung website, or updated via Kies, or by taking it to a Sprint store and having them apply it for you.
    Just FYI not all Sprint stores will install JB for you.
    07-08-2013 06:56 PM
    Has to be a sprint 'service' store I found out when I went for the JB upgrade. Where they managed to Brick my phone. o_O
    So this would be my 2nd " Sprint 4g Epic Touch" With the old battery :P Toss the names Samsung and Galaxy in there and this phone has the longest name ever. Lol. Still yeah, great phone. I'm still happy with it. Takes great photos, durable, and the screen is gorgeous. Got a Note 10.1 a couple months back and you wouldn't believe how much longer the battery lasts in the phone now.
    07-09-2013 09:07 AM
    Still a really good phone, there are better phones, but for daily calls, messages, and other Smartphone use still great.

I highly suggest purchasing an extended battery, no matter what you do the regular oem battery that comes with the phone is going to drain bad.

Posted via Android Central App Galaxy S2
    07-15-2013 11:33 AM
    I am still rocking a S2 and its still one of the best phones. The S3 can be a very laggy phone bit the S2 keeps chugging. It runs a lot better with JB but the GPS is horrible. Takes roughly 3-5 minutes to get an accurate signal. Other than that, its smooth as butter. Another phone to look at is the LG Optimus G that is Free right now. I also have that and it is a super fast phone. 13 mp camera is a little overrated but with a quad core processor, it does not studder one bit to whatever you throw at it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-17-2013 09:10 PM
32 12