I have set up my Microsoft Exchange Active Sync account but now it wants me to update security settings. The warning message (see screen capture) is quite alarming. Is this real? I really need to get this working, but I don't want it to wipe out my phone's data. What is the scoop on this?
    Attached Thumbnails Scary warning message w Microsoft Exchange-image.jpg  
    05-08-2013 07:58 PM
    Yes, It's real.

If your Exchange admin uses certain security polices, they can remotely wipe your phone's data. Your phone is required to do this to be compliant.

If you have questions about just what policies are in place, you'll need to talk to the server admin of the Exchange account.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    05-08-2013 10:09 PM
    Yes, that's one reason I will never attach my phone to my company's servers. If my job wants me to have a phone with these restrictions they can provide it.
    05-10-2013 03:54 PM
    Thanks for your input on this. I work for a very small company and the only reason they would even know they could wipe my device is if I told them it could be done. Even then I would have to log in to Exchange and be the one to do it. I decided to go ahead and do this. But I totally wouldn't if that weren't my situation.
    05-10-2013 04:34 PM