This phone is a virgin mobile version and model D710 completley stock

I dropped my phone in a little water, it had an otterbox defender case so the only thing I found when i took it apart was corrosion on the usb cable. everything work accept I have no signal and no mobile network. I took the phone apart once more and cleaned all the contacts again and reassembled with still no signal or mobile network.
    I did a factory reset Wifi and everything else is fully operational.

I could use any advice as where to proceed.

Network : Searching for service
    Service State : Out of service
    Signal Strenght -65dBm 16 asu
    05-31-2013 06:50 PM
    Welcome to the forums. In my experience, water damage can be kindof hit or miss, as the water could have shorted out any number of senstitive bits of electronics. People have had luck with the rice trick (put it in some dry rice for a few days and it'll draw the water out). But you might have damaged something else...perhaps the sim card. Might be worth popping that out and back in again or taking it in to the store.
    05-31-2013 07:35 PM
    Welcome to the forums. In my experience, water damage can be kindof hit or miss, as the water could have shorted out any number of senstitive bits of electronics. People have had luck with the rice trick (put it in some dry rice for a few days and it'll draw the water out). But you might have damaged something else...perhaps the sim card. Might be worth popping that out and back in again or taking it in to the store.
    It has no sim card cause its a cdma phone, the water intrusion stickers were white with blue x's one was very slightly bled a little barely if any. I called customer service and they are going to send me a new phone! I was not expecting it to be that easy, the bad thing is I wont have a phone for 5 days.

I'm thinking that it was a hardware problem of some sort possible created by what little water did get in. I just thought that there was something where I could do like a hard reset to avoid dealing with customer service.

I did go for a drive a while ago and it ended up getting 1 bar but no 3g network.

Thank you for the reply.
    05-31-2013 08:32 PM
    Nice. That's some fine customer service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Paul627g likes this.
    05-31-2013 08:37 PM